Solved

Has the Warmer Home Plan increased in price?

• 16 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, I'm on the warmer home plan. The best value plan, as I understand it. However, the price went up start of April. I'm now over 15p kWh. (Electric only)
This wasn't published, or rather I wasn't informed. Is this all above board, and I'm right that the warmer home plan has increased in cost?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 17 April 2019, 12:49

Hi @Dsmithp

On 2nd February 2018, we launched a new tariff - the ‘Warmer Home Plan’. This plan is part of a government/Ofgem initiative and is designed to help financially vulnerable customers.

The Warmer Home Plan is a price-capped version of a variable tariff - any Pay Monthly who have received the Warm Home Discount payment from OVO this year will be eligible for it. The plan’s prices are capped at the same level as the PAYG price cap. As the price cap was increased this month, PAYG prices were increased to meet it and so were the prices on the Warmer Home Plan. This would have been communicated to all customers affected via email or post.

Hope this helps
View original

4 replies

What is the Warmer Home Plan and why can I not find any information on the plans section for renewing?

Userlevel 5

We wouldn’t be able to say for sure when the prices will change, @Auchavae. When and if they do, we’ll give you 30 days notice.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Dsmithp

On 2nd February 2018, we launched a new tariff - the ‘Warmer Home Plan’. This plan is part of a government/Ofgem initiative and is designed to help financially vulnerable customers.

The Warmer Home Plan is a price-capped version of a variable tariff - any Pay Monthly who have received the Warm Home Discount payment from OVO this year will be eligible for it. The plan’s prices are capped at the same level as the PAYG price cap. As the price cap was increased this month, PAYG prices were increased to meet it and so were the prices on the Warmer Home Plan. This would have been communicated to all customers affected via email or post.

Hope this helps

Hi, after much reading of other posts, I finally got a clue as to where to look for the info I needed. I just had to find the email letting me know my current deal was coming to an end and there it was!

It stated that the Warmer Home Plan is a discounted variable plan and gave the current rates. It also stated that these rates could/would change twice per year. When are these changes likely to take place?

Cheers