Solved

Estimates are wrong as OVO have size of house wrong - solution?

• 18 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi All, so I have a one bedroom apartment and OVO have registered in the system as two. Therefore, the estimation of the electricity usage is wrong. I have called to explain the situation and not only did I get the worst customer services I didn't manage to resolve the problem. Somebody is coming to take the reading at the end of the month but my contract is finishing at the end of February. I really don't know what to do as we owe money because of the wrong readings. How can I manage to resolve this situation as I don't think the person coming to get the readings will be of any use!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 6 February 2019, 16:34

I really don't know what to do as we owe money because of the wrong readings.

Hi @Eldon_Lopes

The 'Number of bedrooms' question is asked when a new customer is getting a quote. We do this as we don't have the annual usage average figures of the property until this data is sent over by the old supplier before their first bill.

If you're an existing customer, we will use this annual usage average to base our estimates on. This updates over time based on the readings you provide.

To avoid estimates, submit your own readings, or get our smart meters fitted.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I really don't know what to do as we owe money because of the wrong readings.

Hi @Eldon_Lopes

The 'Number of bedrooms' question is asked when a new customer is getting a quote. We do this as we don't have the annual usage average figures of the property until this data is sent over by the old supplier before their first bill.

If you're an existing customer, we will use this annual usage average to base our estimates on. This updates over time based on the readings you provide.

To avoid estimates, submit your own readings, or get our smart meters fitted.