Solved

Electricity Smart Meter working but No Statement or Billing Available

• 19 January 2018
  • 12 replies

I switched to Ovo 2 year fix in September 2017. Electricity and Gas smart meters were fitted by Ovo. Both smart meters are communicating with Ovo but my online account shows Gas usage only. Ovo says it is a communication problem with the company they use to manage data. My account tells me I am in credit for a decent sum but of course it has not allowed for electricity usage which naturally concerns me as I do not want to overspend unwittingly. Yesterday I had to take a manual reading for Ovo at their request. It was not easy for me to do as I have arthritis and kneeling down and reaching into a cupboard at floor level is painful for me... hence agreeing to Smart Meter installation. Customer Service were very understanding and helpful but have no idea when this problem will be resolved. Has anybody else got this particular issue?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 19 January 2018, 18:15

I switched to Ovo 2 year fix in September 2017. Electricity and Gas smart meters were fitted by Ovo. Both smart meters are communicating with Ovo but my online account shows Gas usage only. Ovo says it is a communication problem with the company they use to manage data. My account tells me I am in credit for a decent sum but of course it has not allowed for electricity usage which naturally concerns me as I do not want to overspend unwittingly. Yesterday I had to take a manual reading for Ovo at their request. It was not easy for me to do as I have arthritis and kneeling down and reaching into a cupboard at floor level is painful for me... hence agreeing to Smart Meter installation. Customer Service were very understanding and helpful but have no idea when this problem will be resolved. Has anybody else got this particular issue?

Hey @SilveryMoon

When you have a smart meter installed, it can take up to 6 weeks for us to receive all the information we need to update your account and produce the first bill. Our engineers need to send a few different things over, such as its serial number, as well as confirm the removal and installation readings of both sets of meters.

We’ll always issue an up to date statement once all the details are confirmed and your account is ready to go. Just so you know, in the meantime, My OVO might ask you for a meter reading, but please ignore this as your smart meters are in communication and sending us regular readings.

If it's been over 6 weeks, we might need to chase this up. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB and we can look into it for you.

Cheers,
Nancy
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @SilveryMoon

When you have a smart meter installed, it can take up to 6 weeks for us to receive all the information we need to update your account and produce the first bill. Our engineers need to send a few different things over, such as its serial number, as well as confirm the removal and installation readings of both sets of meters.

We’ll always issue an up to date statement once all the details are confirmed and your account is ready to go. Just so you know, in the meantime, My OVO might ask you for a meter reading, but please ignore this as your smart meters are in communication and sending us regular readings.

If it's been over 6 weeks, we might need to chase this up. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB and we can look into it for you.

Cheers,
Nancy
Hi Nancy
I tried to send a message via Facebook but wasn't sure if it was sent it as a Private Message or whether it could be read by others, so was not prepared to give my personal details until I received confirmation.
Thanks.
SilveryMoon
Hi Nancy
I tried to send a message via Facebook but wasn't sure if it was sent it as a Private Message or whether it could be read by others, so was not prepared to give my personal details until I received confirmation.
Thanks.
SilveryMoon

Did you manage to message us and get a reply @SilveryMoon ?
For the last 2 months no statements have been supplied and the usage graphs are of no use at all.
Userlevel 5
Badge
For the last 2 months no statements have been supplied and the usage graphs are of no use at all.

Hi @malletai,

I've moved your post to this topic. If you've just had a smart meter fitted, my first response here might answer your questions.

Comment any further queries below!

Nancy
I have exactly the same issue, I can only retrieve Gas information from my online account not the electricity and am concerned about whether I am paying enough by monthly direct debit to cover both. My account shows I am in credit but its not taking into account electricity so I cannot tell if my payments are on target or not. May smart meter is working and was installed last September too.

OVO - what should I do?
Following a previous call to Customer Services about this issue, I was informed that the Electricity Smart Meter gives them readings every half hour and they can access a midnight reading (each day I think she said) so that I do not have to physically give them a reading if they ask for one but I would need to ring them up and tell them that. Interestingly there seems to have been some update on My Ovo online and there are now 4 electricity readings showing as being given by me (even though I haven't actually given them myself but I am assuming they mean they have taken the readings directly themselves from my midnight Smart Meter readings). So something is happening and hopefully it will be properly resolved in time. Trouble is I have lost faith in the system and am not sure if the credit balance shown is correct. Time will tell. I was hoping for better results from Ovo but I have yet to be convinced.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@SilveryMoon - If the reading is listed as 'you gave' this just means it's an actual reading, and has been provided by either the customer or the smart meter.

@avfth - if you've got gas data but not electricity, this suggests we haven't produced your first smart electricity bill yet. My advice would be to contact the team and they can check if we have all the informatin we need to do this.

Cheers,
Nancy
Hi. I have the same issue that both the smart meter works and shows daily readings for gas and electricity. The mobile app and online service show the daily usage for both gas and electricity since the meter was installed in March 18. I can undertake a review of comparison of readings month on month yet since March I have received no statement and no meter readings show for electricity since the installation in March.

How is it that I can review 4 months worth of daily gas and electricity readings and graphs yet the meter shows no reading for electricity?

My acount now has a large credit balance as direct debit is paid each month, but appears no charges have been made.

I was told it can take about 6 weeks to generate a statement but 4 months is a little long.

What needs to be done to correct this?
Had a new Electric and Gas smart meter fitted just over 7 weeks ago the gas meter is showing on my account but still nothing from the electric meter still showing as 00000 when fitted new and asking for meter reading. What is the normal time frame for the meters to be showing on my account for smart readings.
Userlevel 4
We had a similar topic on this, @Bigphil, take a look at the best answer for more info! 🙂

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings