Solved

Do we get a Feed in Tariff (FIT) statement?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
We had solar panels installed earlier this year and a couple of days ago we received our first FIT/export payment. Could anyone tell me whether we'll receive a statement of some sort explaining how the payment amount breaks down (readings, tariffs applied, etc.)?

On a related note, in March we used the OVO on-line form to submit our generation reading; it would be good if this could be enhanced to also collect export readings for those people who have export meters or smart meters.

Thanks,
Pete
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 29 May 2017, 14:38

We had solar panels installed earlier this year and a couple of days ago we received our first FIT/export payment. Could anyone tell me whether we'll receive a statement of some sort explaining how the payment amount breaks down (readings, tariffs applied, etc.)?

On a related note, in March we used the OVO on-line form to submit our generation reading; it would be good if this could be enhanced to also collect export readings for those people who have export meters or smart meters.

Thanks,
Pete

Hi @Pete632

Thanks for reaching out about this on the OVO Forum. To make this topic more 'searchable' for other FIT forum users, I've tweaked the title and added some tags.

You'll be getting a quarterly statement and an annual statement, detailing how much you've been paid etc. In order to get your export amount measured and paid for, you'll need to make sure you're on the correct 'metered export'. More info on this here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/whats-a-feed-in-tariff-fit-and-how-do-i-apply.html.

Here's some general info about these FIT payments, and if you have any followup queries you want to put to the FIT team, their contact details are at the bottom: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/do-you-have-any-more-info-on-feed-in-tariffs-fits.html.

Hope this helps,
Tim
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks,
Pete

Hi @Pete632

Thanks for reaching out about this on the OVO Forum. To make this topic more 'searchable' for other FIT forum users, I've tweaked the title and added some tags.

You'll be getting a quarterly statement and an annual statement, detailing how much you've been paid etc. In order to get your export amount measured and paid for, you'll need to make sure you're on the correct 'metered export'. More info on this here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/whats-a-feed-in-tariff-fit-and-how-do-i-apply.html.

Here's some general info about these FIT payments, and if you have any followup queries you want to put to the FIT team, their contact details are at the bottom: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/do-you-have-any-more-info-on-feed-in-tariffs-fits.html.

Hope this helps,
Tim
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks for your quick response Tim. Looks like we ticked the wrong box on the application. I've sent a message to the FIT team to see if we can get it changed.

Kind regards,
Pete
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for your quick response Tim. Looks like we ticked the wrong box on the application. I've sent a message to the FIT team to see if we can get it changed.

Kind regards,
Pete

Thought so, @Pete632 - hope this gets amended quickly! :)

Tim
Is it possible to access FIT statements since inception of my service since my early records have been destroyed?
Regards Douglas Banks
Userlevel 1
Badge
On my EON account I can see my Feed-in Tariff Statements from day 1 of my panels generating electrical energy expressed both in graphical and tabular forms.

Are you billing EON?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Is it possible to access FIT statements since inception of my service since my early records have been destroyed?

Hey @Douglas Banks - this is something the FIT team should be able to help with too!
If I leave Ovo for my electricity ( I have no gas so it is not double fuel) will OVO still pay me my Feed In Tariff quarterly. My new supplier doesn't take on solar. Wil the tariff I am currently on still be maiantained at the current rate.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Tim Craven - I've moved your post onto this topic about the FIT tariff.

Simply put - yes. If you move your electricity supply to another provider, your FIT scheme will remain with us unless you apply to move that elsewhere too.
Sorry, just to be clear I can move my electricity supply and my FITS can stay with OVO.? The reason I asked is that at the start of your sentence you put "simply put-no" then went on to say I could.

kind regards

tim
Userlevel 6
Badge
My bad @Tim Craven ! Simply put - yes your FIT payments will stay with us! I've edited this on my reply above.
Nancy thank you so very much for clarity. Have a good day

tim