Solved

Disparity between what's gone out and usage

• 7 September 2019
  • 3 replies

my usage July for Aug gas and elec 442 KWH your whats gone out 5th Aug £64.81

my usage june for July gas and elec 444 KWH your whats gone out 5th July £223.34

my usage May for June gas and electric 478 KWH your whats gone out 27 June £460.05

I am sure you will agree that the difference between 442 and 478 KWH of 36 KWH should not result in a 'whats gone out' difference of plus £395.24?

Perhaps you can explain or correct. An e-mail would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 11 September 2019, 15:59

Really sorry, @brumas22, but it's going to be really difficult to advise any further without being able to see the exact charges on your account.

I think the best thing to do in this case would be drop the team on Facebook a message with your account number (or address and postcode), full name and DoB, and they can chase this up.

Thanks
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @brumas22,

This is a Community Forum, so none of the moderators or other users will be able to see your account details or email you.

We can try and help get to the bottom of this with you, but we might need a bit more information.

A positive "what's gone out" might be the result of some money being credited back to you on your bill. Did you recently give a meter reading? When was the last time before that whenyou gave a meter reading?

It might be helpful to see a screenshot of your statements and payments page, so we can investigate further.

Thanks
Hi Nancy,
Statement amount for:-
27/6 for 478 KWH £460.05
5/7 for 444KWH £223.34
5/8 for 442 KWH £64.81

Regret do not know how to send a screen shot.
All reads requested sent monthly so figures are actual.

Either the statement is not customer user friendly or there is a substantial error in charging for almost identical usage.. Which if any is correct?

I have increased my standing order to £100 per month and paid £200 as a one off.

There are still 2 standing order payments of £75.94 not credited to my account. These payments were paid from my bank account AFTER you started supplying.
Letter from Kyle dated 15th July who said OVO were chasing on my behalf. No further contact as to outcome.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Really sorry, @brumas22, but it's going to be really difficult to advise any further without being able to see the exact charges on your account.

I think the best thing to do in this case would be drop the team on Facebook a message with your account number (or address and postcode), full name and DoB, and they can chase this up.

Thanks