Solved

Crazy annual consumption predictions - how can I resolve this?

• 12 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Im a new customer and just got a statement through saying my annual consumption will be £17,990.95. And yes I'm in a 3 bed house not a factory. They've also charged me for paper billing on same page confirming I'm on an all online tariff plus self service and im on a smart meter. Is it usually this messy? What is the quickest easiest way to resolve things with them? I have emailed them
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 15 July 2019, 16:45

Sounds like there's been some crossed wires here @Andream. Sorry to hear it's been a bit of a bumpy start.

The customer services team will be able to correct any errors on your account. If you've emailed, they'll get back to you with 24 to 48 hours.

Your annual consumption prediction might not be as refined as we'd like it to be right now. When a new customer comes over to us, we receive a file from their old supplier containing their average annual consumption figures and a history of previous meter readings. It seems like this is where the issue is stemming from. If your old supplier didn't get many readings from you, and most bills were estimated, then these figures could be out of line, hence why the annual consumption prediction we've provided seems extreme.

This doesn't mean that you will spend this much, it just mean we're not able to make a more accurate prediction at this stage. Make sure you provide a meter reading before each monthly bill, and your statement will be accurate.

Hope this helps
View original

2 replies

Hi

Not a good start from OVO, is it?

I think you have done all you can at the moment. Give them a few days to respond to your email. Hopefully they will resolve these issues by then.

These forums are a good place to get advice if you still have any issues or if OVO don't solve the problems to your satisfaction.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Sounds like there's been some crossed wires here @Andream. Sorry to hear it's been a bit of a bumpy start.

The customer services team will be able to correct any errors on your account. If you've emailed, they'll get back to you with 24 to 48 hours.

Your annual consumption prediction might not be as refined as we'd like it to be right now. When a new customer comes over to us, we receive a file from their old supplier containing their average annual consumption figures and a history of previous meter readings. It seems like this is where the issue is stemming from. If your old supplier didn't get many readings from you, and most bills were estimated, then these figures could be out of line, hence why the annual consumption prediction we've provided seems extreme.

This doesn't mean that you will spend this much, it just mean we're not able to make a more accurate prediction at this stage. Make sure you provide a meter reading before each monthly bill, and your statement will be accurate.

Hope this helps