Solved

Can't open pdf statements when I get sent them via email - why?

• 4 December 2017
  • 3 replies

My yearly statement arrived today as a pdf file which doesn't open on my computer, or on my wife's computer. We receive hundreds of pdfs from other sources and they all open without problems. Since October 2015 every pdf has failed, and we have to ask for it to be sent again. Before that date every pdf was 80K to 100K in size; since then they have all been 3k.

Ovo is splendid in every other respect, but why do their pdfs fail, and why have they failed to sort this out over the last few years.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 8 December 2017, 16:20

My yearly statement arrived today as a pdf file which doesn't open on my computer, or on my wife's computer

Thanks for posting this, @davidhh

We usually send an email to notify you of a recent statement, providing a link in the email to My OVO. If you get sent the statement as an attachment but it's not working, you'll be able to download the PDF directly from My OVO: http://ovoener.gy/myovo.

Have a go and let us know let us know how you get on!

Tim
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
My yearly statement arrived today as a pdf file which doesn't open on my computer, or on my wife's computer

Thanks for posting this, @davidhh

We usually send an email to notify you of a recent statement, providing a link in the email to My OVO. If you get sent the statement as an attachment but it's not working, you'll be able to download the PDF directly from My OVO: http://ovoener.gy/myovo.

Have a go and let us know let us know how you get on!

Tim
We have been using OVO for several years, and in most ways it is excellent, but there is one problem which has been with us almost from the start. Some information is sent out automatically at intervals as PDF files. Our computers only receive part of the message, the first 3K. We ask them to resend it to us (which is sent by an individual rather than by the automatic system) and the whole file then arrives. We never have any problems with PDF files from anyone else, and even from OVO it is only the automatic distributions that fail.
We have referred this issue to them many times, it is passed on to their IT department and nothing changes.
My wife asked them to send this information by post instead, and they want us to pay £5 a quarter for the privilege. Why should we pay extra when they can't get it right?

( I posted this also on Trustpilot. I asked on this forum 10 months ago and nothing has been done.)
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
some information is sent out automatically at intervals as PDF files. Our computers only receive part of the message, the first 3K.

@davidhh I've found the original topic on the same subjuct and combined your latest comment. If you look at my 'Best answer', it explains that:

"We usually send an email to notify you of a recent statement, providing a link in the email to My OVO. If you get sent the statement as an attachment but it's not working, you'll be able to download the PDF directly from My OVO: http://ovoener.gy/myovo."

Are you not able to get the PDF via MyOVO?