Solved

Can I receive paper statements and pay after the bill, instead of via Direct Debit?

• 3 December 2018
  • 4 replies

I can’t seem to enter the metre readings for gas and electric online when requested to do so via email. I would like to receive paper bills and pay directly so haven’t set up a direct debit from a bank account.
icon

Best answer by Transparent 3 December 2018, 13:31

Hi @Samantha34

Simply send an email to hello@ovoenergy.com with the meter readings and Customer Services will update their database manually. The email method gives you a date/time stamp as proof of when you submitted the required information. The agent that replies will be able to advise on your options for paper statements, and paying on receipt of the bill. You might need to be on the variable tariff Simpler Energy, as all the fixed contracts require a Direct Debit.

Don't forget to provide them enough details to identify you with. If you know your account number, then give it, and in any case state your post-code. You should receive an email acknowledgement.

You should still be able to view your account status and enter meter readings online once your MyOVO page is fully active. This is unrelated to how you are paying.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Samantha34

Simply send an email to hello@ovoenergy.com with the meter readings and Customer Services will update their database manually. The email method gives you a date/time stamp as proof of when you submitted the required information. The agent that replies will be able to advise on your options for paper statements, and paying on receipt of the bill. You might need to be on the variable tariff Simpler Energy, as all the fixed contracts require a Direct Debit.

Don't forget to provide them enough details to identify you with. If you know your account number, then give it, and in any case state your post-code. You should receive an email acknowledgement.

You should still be able to view your account status and enter meter readings online once your MyOVO page is fully active. This is unrelated to how you are paying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Aagh... sorry the Forum software messed up the link. It should be My OVO.
Gone from paying on receipt of bill every month with my old supplier, which last month was only £46, to having to pay £64 a month by dd with ovo. Way too expensive for my liking. Will they let me change from dd to pay on receipt or am I stuck with ovo owing me money which will take a year to get back. Also, without any warning they tried to take a payment on my switch day. When I signed up it said the first bill would be 4 to 5 weeks after the switch.
Userlevel 5
Take a look at the best answer, @tayloc41978, this will have all the information you need!