Solved

Am I being charged twice for gas?

Hi, just received my first statement, looks like the lines are duplicated on the gas page and the charges have been duplicated. Happened to anyone else?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 17 July 2019, 19:02

Hey @scallytoes - I reckon the gas meter has erroneously been added onto your account twice, causing these duplicate charges. If you give the team a call tomorrow on 0330 303 5063, they'll be able to sort this out.

Cheers
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @scallytoes,

Sounds like it could be an error with the formatting of the page - can you post a screenshot?

Thanks for taking a look 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge
Thanks for sharing that @scallytoes - what does it say on page 1 on the statement overview? Are your charges for gas listed as £42.83?
Yes, charges showing as attached

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @scallytoes - I reckon the gas meter has erroneously been added onto your account twice, causing these duplicate charges. If you give the team a call tomorrow on 0330 303 5063, they'll be able to sort this out.

Cheers
Hi, exactly the same has happened to me, but if I call up will I lose my online credit? 😒😒
@Purpleshoes Emailed them explaining that I've done everything in my power not to contact direct and therefore shouldn't expect to loose the discount. I'll challenge it if I do, I know it's a few pounds but it's the principle, I'm pretty sure they'll be sound about it. Quite like the sort it yourself stance, forces you to become better educated on the subject instead of being lazy.
Yes thanks for that! I didn’t even look at the bill too closely tbh , it was only a few pounds but it just didn’t add up right! Good luck with your bill! X
All sorted by Ovo amazingly! I emailed them the details and got one back saying all sorted. Bill re run and credit applied to account. Didn't loose the loyalty discount either as it wasnt something I could have done myself. 😉
Userlevel 5
Badge
Glad to hear you're all sorted, @scallytoes!

AS you mentioned, @Purpleshoes, If you needed to get in touch about something you're not able to do online, or you can't find the answer to on our website, then you wouldn't run the risk of losing the Self Service reward.

You can find more information about the Self Service reward here.

Cheers!