Solved

What happens to my V2G export payments at the end of my 2 year contract?

Show first post

102 replies

Good discussion here for OVO. WOULD LOVE THEIR REPLY..

other comment

Thanks for you email regarding your plans to move onto the V2H trial being run by Indra.
I think there is some confusion being caused off the back of a Kaluza advisory to Indra regarding the V2H trial.
We don't want to prevent ex-trialists like yourself from switching or utilising the V2G charger in different ways.
However, the Kaluza team have flagged that agreements need to be reached with Indra before any further ex-trialists are switched to V2H.
​We've got colleagues from OVO and Kaluza meeting tomorrow to discuss the issue so when we know a bit more on the next steps we'll let you know.

My comment to OVO for v2g trialists at end of 2years.

This is a joke. As you say once 2years done you pay 1p and its yours. Someone goes on about not open source. That's simple Indra come around and flash the unit with their S/W so they can take control over unit as it's got an IP address. I have also registered for v2h with Indra. Why aren't OVO simply matching Octopus with the 4hours overnight low rate and talk directly with Indra and do follow on trial of V2H.. I'd look at stopping if that was the case. Come on OVO get a grip.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Good discussion here for OVO. WOULD LOVE THEIR REPLY..

other comment

Thanks for you email regarding your plans to move onto the V2H trial being run by Indra.
I think there is some confusion being caused off the back of a Kaluza advisory to Indra regarding the V2H trial.
We don't want to prevent ex-trialists like yourself from switching or utilising the V2G charger in different ways.
However, the Kaluza team have flagged that agreements need to be reached with Indra before any further ex-trialists are switched to V2H.
​We've got colleagues from OVO and Kaluza meeting tomorrow to discuss the issue so when we know a bit more on the next steps we'll let you know.

My comment to OVO for v2g trialists at end of 2years.

This is a joke. As you say once 2years done you pay 1p and its yours. Someone goes on about not open source. That's simple Indra come around and flash the unit with their S/W so they can take control over unit as it's got an IP address. I have also registered for v2h with Indra. Why aren't OVO simply matching Octopus with the 4hours overnight low rate and talk directly with Indra and do follow on trial of V2H.. I'd look at stopping if that was the case. Come on OVO get a grip.

I didn't know anybody had experienced difficulty moving to the Indra trial (away from Kaluza). 

I personally think Kaluza needs to up their game with customers. As they are now in competition (Indra and kaluza) commercially I think they need to do more to retain customers.

I have had no contact directly from Kaluza throughout the entire trial and there appears to have been no product development either. Indra are keen to develop the technology and engage with customers, and frankly they are better equipped to make the most use of the V2G charger for me.

I would be happy to discuss this with someone from Kaluza but I get the feeling they aren’t interested.

Ovo’s decision to not offer time of use tariff's is a commercial one, seemingly favouring type of use rates through credit systems. For some people this may be more appealing so please don't think I am bashing Ovo here.