Competition

Share your story with OVO - and win a 3-day ticket for Fully Charged Live!

Share your story with OVO - and win a 3-day ticket for Fully Charged Live!
Userlevel 7

Help us to raise awareness of the green tech in your home

If you have solar panels, an electric vehicle, smart or vehicle-to-grid charger or an air source heat pump, we want to hear your story. How has a smart thermostat helped you to raise awareness of your energy usage? Would you recommend energy storage batteries? Help us to tell real life stories that might inspire others who are thinking about installing green tech.

What does this involve?

We’ll arrange a call to hear about your experience first hand. We might arrange a visit to your home to film your tech in action, and possibly get you on camera to tell your story. 

We might even use your story as part of customer case studies that could be covered by tech and lifestyle press to help more people learn about and start their journey to zero carbon living!

How do I win a ticket to Fully Charged LIVE?

If we can use your story as a case study, we’ll send you a 3-day ticket to Fully Charged LIVE (worth £45) as a thanks for your time. You can find more information on this electric vehicle event here

How do I volunteer?

Leave a comment below, or send me (Tim_OVO) a private message to let me know you’re interested. We’ll take it from there and the team will contact you to arrange that call!

Get involved and help us spread the word…

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This sounds interesting,  given what i have been through and now have an appreciation of, evwn down to chosing my next ev and why I feel I could be a good case. 

Feel free to reach out to me.

Farnborough isnt far from me either....

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Happy to tell my story @Tim_OVO  feel free to drop me a line. J

Userlevel 7

Great to hear, @Jequinlan @jason.lewis - I’ve passed on your details and our team will reach out via email to arrange a call. We’ll have info on how to collect your prize as well!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Yes I would be keen.

3bed semi. Daikin heat pump installed Feb21.

Nissan Leaf since 2017.

6kwp solar and 5.8kwh battery installed 6 weeks ago. (LOVING IT)

Simon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Tim_OVO@Jess_OVO  Any update as its next weekend, test drive bookings start 9am monday and need a ticket! So if we are to maximise the event we will need ticket details!

If i am not selected i would like to know asap so i can actually buy my own ticket as it looks a great event.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for chasing this up, @Jequinlan.

You’ll be happy to see we’ve sent a direct message to you and everyone else who kindly agreed to take part in this case study with more details.

Hope you enjoy the show! 🚗

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Apologies for being late on this. If you’re still looking for case studies then by all means give me a shout, we have an EV, solar panels, storage batteries, iBoost and a heat pump. If it’s too late then apologies for not getting my act together sooner - Bev

Userlevel 7

So now you should’ve all received those Fully Charged Live tickets, on to the exciting bit!

We’d love to hear which days you’re all hoping to attend.

For those of you heading down on Friday, shall we arrange a bit of a forum get-together? Me and Tim will be heading down that day and would love to meet some community members IRL! 🙂

Userlevel 7

Yes please let us know if you’re going to be around at FCL on the Friday - and any recommendations for talks to attend, EVs to test drive, stands to visit.

Don’t forget that OVO will also have an area at the site which we’d recommend checking out! It might make a good meet up location on the day...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Aaarghh!!! It's too far away for me to get there at this late stage. You two are evil.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I shall be there on the saturday!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like I can’t make it. I would have been there on the Friday otherwise. But I hope you all enjoy the show anyway! Or maybe I will be there...

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I’ll be there on Friday morning if anyone wants to meet up. I am mainly looking around the home battery storage solutions but will also be looking at what new heat pumps are emerging, and other home energy tech.

I’ll probably also pop back over the other two days but will have kids in tow that will get bored if I stop and talk to people for too long. 

@Tim_OVO cars to drive, I love our Kia e-Niro so give that a go. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Well, as it turns out… I won’t be at Fully Charged Live myself, but someone will be there on my behalf and streaming the entire event back to me via a smartphone. So you’ll probably get to meet me virtually if you happen to discover my mole and give them the secret password. :)

As for how to find them? Well… Look out for someone with a black backpack at the OVO stand around 12pm...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Well, as it turns out… I won’t be at Fully Charged Live myself, but someone will be there on my behalf and streaming the entire event back to me via a smartphone.

Nice to see you’ll have a virtual presence! It had better be like this or I’ll be very disappointed…

Virtual Sheldon

Userlevel 7

Looking forward to a nice end-of week EV excursion and hoping to bump in to a few of you lovely forum users (some via a robot medium) tomorrow.

We’ll be aiming to get there around midday and will head straight to the OVO stand. Who’s in?

@hydrosam, @Blastoise186, @nealmurphy, @M.isterW 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Jess_OVO @Tim_OVO I should be there tomorrow, all being well, so will aim to find the OVO stand at around midday.

Hoping to catch the talk on cities built around bikes in the morning, traffic allowing.

Having done a Hyundai and VW test drive last time I’m going to try something a bit different and look at the Fiat 500 and Kias. Also hoping to see the GWM ORA in the flesh as that looks rather interesting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Pesky last minute family stuff came up and I'll ultimately have to withdraw this time. :(

Userlevel 7

We’ll see you there, @nealmurphy, and @hydrosam / @tony1tf keep us updated on where and when on this thread, and hopefully see you today as well!

It’s going to be good one!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Tim_OVO i will try and aim for the OVO stand around midday too. 
Hopefully catch you later. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Just debating whether to come for half a day to see you guys. I've had Covid for 4 days (even after all 4 vaccinations!) and am still testing positive. I feel fine, but not sure what the rules are. It shouldn't be long before we have all had it, and aren't all vulnerable people isolating anyway?

I have just come back from France, so it's the French version of the bug, so maybe we are not so immune! 

Tony

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Tim_OVO Could be after midday as I'm in a long queue in the car park!

Edit... made it anyone around?!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Looks like I missed you all. But I will be back tomorrow.

I wandered around the OVO stand around midday but couldn’t see any forumites. It’s a big stand, in hindsight we should have been a bit more specific if we knew it would be that big. 

Some interesting stands and people to talk to. Particularly the energy storage stands. I spoke with Daikin but didn’t get in to details about my woes on the trial as it was just a junior sale person I talked to, but they did confirm the later generation of heat pumps are about 10-15% more efficient than one I had fitted. 🙄

Userlevel 7

Sorry to have missed you @hydrosam, we were surprised how big the OVO stand is too.

We're still here if you are, @nealmurphy - watching a couple of talks in the mega theatre (a bit chilly!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There will be more opportunities to meet up in person in the future, so I’m sure we’ll be able to figure something out next time.

I certainly know that another Forum VIP Day at the office is definitely a possibility in the future, once conditions allow for it. :)