Solved

Is there a Forum group for: Shift and Save?

• 13 December 2022
  • 17 replies

I thought there was a specific forum for those participating in shift and save - this forum seems to be a general ovo customer forum? I understand that you wouldn't use washing machine, tumble dryer and maybe the oven, but can you use central heating for example during the shift and save hours?? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 13 December 2022, 18:27

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Gill Phill !

There is indeed. Use this link: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/groups/shift-and-save-trial-157

Then hit the button to request access. Once approved, you’ll be able to access the shift and save forum via the same link. :)

This trial only affects electricity usage. Gas is disregarded completely.

Thank you I thought had sent a request to join - I'll see if it comes through later. I hadn't realised it is just electricity so that addresses my question about the heating!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is it still a trial? I wasn't invited in the first round, but now I have been, with a two hour window invitation for tomorrow. There's no mention of a "trial". It appears to be live.

Also, while gas is excluded, central heating still requires an electric pump, so will consume some electricity. Mine uses about 60 W when running, although it is not continuous.

My two hour window target is 0.9 kWh. Not sure I'll be able to beat that by 1 kWh. Savings well under £1 if any. Maybe 30p.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As far as I’m aware, OVO is treating it like a trial. :)

Is there a list of appliances not to use   I also thought this was specific to shift and save 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I think there might not be one as such, but you can try to figure out the worst offenders and avoid using those.

I actually want aware of the time and shift date and time   Sorry 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

They’re personalised to you each time for Shift and Save, there’s no specific fixed times that it’ll happen.

I’ll ask @Tim_OVO and @Emmanuelle_OVO to invite you to the trial group. Bear with me!

Great news - My winter bill has doubled from the same month last year, I reckon I will be about £450.00+ this month - however

Just had a note to say Shift & Save is giving me a credit of 36p !!!!

Christmas is back on :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

This will help the nation. Priceless!

On Wednesday 14 December between 16:00 and 18:00 your target was 2 kWh and you reduced your electricity use by 0.06 kWh below this.

shift_save_update_bg_2.png

You've earned

£0.06

We’ll credit it to your account next month.

shift_save_update_bg_3.png

obviously I’m not trying hard enough! Wonder if I can turn my significant other’s TV off tomorrow night!

These Shift and Save targets are difficult to hit.  Probably need to switch off elctricity to the house to have any chance. :-)

fortunately we were going out during the one hour target period, so turned off all the lights before we went out and turned off the standby on the microwave.  Only the fridge/freezer and the electricity to the gas central heating was on.  we’ve earned 41p credit!

Though your £20 monthly discount seems a good idea it doesn’t really work if your are careful anyway. I only use about £70 per month but the majority of the is between 4-7 pm when cooking is done. So at present it accounts for approximately 25% of usage. So who does this benefit. Surely there must be a better way. We seem to be able to get to the moon and Mars so surely OVO could break this down into different areas and then break it down further into 4-5  5-6. and 6-7pm

Seasons greetings one and all

has the trial come to an end or just on hold over the festive season? I’ve not had another invite since two weeks ago?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I think it will be related to a period where there is a lot of carbon in the mix to generate electricity. It’s been quite low recently with wind generation plus nuclear imports. You can see the real time mix of fuel for electricity generation on various apps, eg National Grid ESO

Userlevel 1

I think it's like treating it like a trial