Solved

Money Saving Expert mentioned a 2 year fixed deal, is it available to new and existing customers?

• 8 September 2017
  • 10 replies

I wrote to Ovo asking them to confirm that the 2 year fixed deal they were offering via the latest moneysavingscexpert switching offer and which is available to new and existing customers was no better than the 2 year deal I recently signed up to. I am still awaiting a reply. Any other customer with a similar issue?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 20 September 2017, 17:20

Am currently on a one year fix with ovo. Can i move to this? Will i pay rxit fees?

Just a quick one @Kh59 - if you're on the Simpler plan, Better Energy or Greener Energy, you can certainly upgrade to the 2 year fixed plan. Drop me a PM with your account number, name and DoB if you're interested!

Changing your 2 year fixed tariff to the latest prices will incur exit fees unless you're in your 2 week cool off period.

Hope that makes sense,
Tim
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
I wrote to Ovo asking them to confirm that the 2 year fixed deal they were offering via the latest moneysavingscexpert switching offer and which is available to new and existing customers was no better than the 2 year deal I recently signed up to. I am still awaiting a reply. Any other customer with a similar issue?

Hi MJ Kearns

Yes this is the same deal Martin wrote about. Did you need anymore info? It's proving very popular.

If you recently signed up to a 2 year fixed before this deal, then you can only move over to it if you are still in your 2 week cooling off period. Outside of that you could switch to it, but would be subject to exit fees to get out of the fixed plan you originally signed up too.

Just post below if you have any other questions.

Darran
Am currently on a one year fix with ovo. Can i move to this? Will i pay rxit fees?
Userlevel 7
Hi @Kh59 Great to see you signing up the forum, welcome!

I've moved your question over here as another user had already asked about this and the answer would apply here.

Have a read and if you have any other queries or questions, post them below.

Don't forget to add a picture and update your profile. :)

Darran
Hi, I'm a current customer and was wondering if i can still sign up for 2 year fix deal. The option has disappeared from the app. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi, I'm a current customer and was wondering if i can still sign up for 2 year fix deal. The option has disappeared from the app. Thanks.

Hi Nikral

Welcome to the forum. I have moved your question here as it hopefully answers your questions.

You can sign up to the 2 year fixed here: https://switch.ovoenergy.com/get-quote

Darran
Hi Everyone

I am a second year OVO customer. I am currently on the Better Energy (all online) tariff but it appears that the OVO 2 year fix may be cheaper. I have a few questions

1 The tariff information does not make it clear whether the figures quoted are inclusive of VAT or not. Can someone tell me the net figures please?
2 It appears that there is no penalty charge for switching between these specific tariffs. Is this correct?
3 How do I switch. Do I have to appear to be a new customer as the OVO site seems to require?
cheers
ElectricTV
Have I missed this offer?

I am currently with Iresa who are absolute rubbish, I want to change and regularly look at the market.

On receiving an email from Ovo saying come back we have reduced our prices and also receiving a email from MSE saying about the offer I thought great back to OVO it is.

I have done the comparisons and Ovo still come out over £300 more expensive, I just cant afford that.

Was this a limited time offer?

Thanks
Userlevel 7

Just a quick one @Kh59 - if you're on the Simpler plan, Better Energy or Greener Energy, you can certainly upgrade to the 2 year fixed plan. Drop me a PM with your account number, name and DoB if you're interested!

Changing your 2 year fixed tariff to the latest prices will incur exit fees unless you're in your 2 week cool off period.

Hope that makes sense,
Tim
Userlevel 5
Hi Everyone

I am a second year OVO customer. I am currently on the Better Energy (all online) tariff but it appears that the OVO 2 year fix may be cheaper. I have a few questions

1 The tariff information does not make it clear whether the figures quoted are inclusive of VAT or not. Can someone tell me the net figures please?
2 It appears that there is no penalty charge for switching between these specific tariffs. Is this correct?
3 How do I switch. Do I have to appear to be a new customer as the OVO site seems to require?
cheers
ElectricTV

Hey Electric TV,

I’ve moved your topic onto here as Tim’s answer will help you out!

Lucy
Userlevel 7
Have I missed this offer?

I am currently with Iresa who are absolute rubbish, I want to change and regularly look at the market.

On receiving an email from Ovo saying come back we have reduced our prices and also receiving a email from MSE saying about the offer I thought great back to OVO it is.

I have done the comparisons and Ovo still come out over £300 more expensive, I just cant afford that.

Was this a limited time offer?

Thanks

Thanks for posting @ovocommunity

We certainly do still offer the 2 year fixed tariff. The prices (and how much you could save), as well as the perks of the tariff are outlined here: http://ovoener.gy/Quote. Check them out and get the switch to OVO started yourself in just a few minutes!

@MJ Kearns @ElectricTV @Kh59 - are you able to help out another user on this Money Saving Expert tariff query?

^Tim