Solved

Is it possible for my gas to be on a different tariff to my electric Economy 7 tariff?

• 31 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am a solar power FITs and dual fuel customer of OVO and have now installed a battery which really would benefit from economy 7 for off peak charging. 

OVO has been very helpful and given me the economy 7 rates but for a “Better Energy” contact which also shows the gas element.

BUT switching to economy 7 means that I have to pay more for my gas than the Better Energy rates for gas as part of a dual fuel Better Energy contract.

Why?

Because OVO says that users on economy 7 use less gas so they have to charge more!

Is it possible to buy on a contract from OVO elecricity on economy 7 and gas on a different  contract. Alternatively is it possible to buy my electrcity from OVO and my gas from another utility provider?

I know the difference is only small but over time it builds up to be a major issue

icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 3 August 2020, 15:39

Hey @Stargazer8t6,

We don’t offer gas only tariffs so we wouldn’t be able to offer a different tariff for gas, you would need to go on to a dual fuel Economy 7 tariff.  You could switch your gas away if you decided the prices weren’t competitive, but if you’re on a fixed tariff you would be charged exit fees which are £30 per fuel.

To change your tariff to an Economy 7 one please call the team, they’re available on 0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. 

Thanks! :)

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @Stargazer8t6,

We don’t offer gas only tariffs so we wouldn’t be able to offer a different tariff for gas, you would need to go on to a dual fuel Economy 7 tariff.  You could switch your gas away if you decided the prices weren’t competitive, but if you’re on a fixed tariff you would be charged exit fees which are £30 per fuel.

To change your tariff to an Economy 7 one please call the team, they’re available on 0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. 

Thanks! :)

Userlevel 1

Thank you that is what I thought - just need to make a decision now

Userlevel 7

Let us know what you go for, @Stargazer8t6 - it might help others who are in the same boat as you to make their decision!