Solved

Can you tell me my day/night switching times for Economy 7?

To save energy I try and use the washing machine and dishwasher on my Economy 7 night tariff by the use of the inbuilt timers. The thing is that I assume the switchover occurs sometime around midnight and again at 7am in the morning. The Ovo Energy website says to check the actual times (which can vary) with your energy provider i.e. Ovo Energy. I can find no specific information on this online so would need to contact them. However because I manage my account online I don't think I am allowed to email them. Have tried before on another topic and never got a reply. Is there any easy way to get the info other than sitting by the meter and waiting for the click 😃
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 8 March 2017, 11:32

To save energy I try and use the washing machine and dishwasher on my Economy 7 night tariff by the use of the inbuilt timers. The thing is that I assume the switchover occurs sometime around midnight and again at 7am in the morning. The Ovo Energy website says to check the actual times (which can vary) with your energy provider i.e. Ovo Energy. I can find no specific information on this online so would need to contact them. However because I manage my account online I don't think I am allowed to email them. Have tried before on another topic and never got a reply. Is there any easy way to get the info other than sitting by the meter and waiting for the click :D

Hi Tiptreejam,

We do have another topic about this on the Forum already. Check out stateofit’s topic on this here.

If you’d like us to check your peak/off-peak times please message the team on Facebook with your meter serial number.

For security purposes, please don’t post your serial number on the public forum

Thanks!

Updated: 02/03/2020

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7

To save energy I try and use the washing machine and dishwasher on my Economy 7 night tariff by the use of the inbuilt timers. The thing is that I assume the switchover occurs sometime around midnight and again at 7am in the morning. The Ovo Energy website says to check the actual times (which can vary) with your energy provider i.e. Ovo Energy. I can find no specific information on this online so would need to contact them. However because I manage my account online I don't think I am allowed to email them. Have tried before on another topic and never got a reply. Is there any easy way to get the info other than sitting by the meter and waiting for the click :D

Hi Tiptreejam,

We do have another topic about this on the Forum already. Check out stateofit’s topic on this here.

If you’d like us to check your peak/off-peak times please message the team on Facebook with your meter serial number.

Thanks!

Updated: 02/03/2020

Hello,
Been with OVO a couple of months now can you advise my Economy 7 times please?
meter serial no: edited by moderator.
Thanks

Hello,
Been with OVO a couple of months now can you advise my Economy 7 times please?
meter serial no: S90E55583.
Thanks

Sure thing @Snorbins - there's a great topic already set up for these sort of requests. Check it out here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/our-plans-and-pricing-31/so-your-economy-7-meter-gives-you-off-peak-cheap-electricity-but-when-is-it-cheapest-42.

Cheers,
Emily
I want to find out what my off-peak hours are.
Userlevel 7
I want to find out what my off-peak hours are.

I can help, @Valerie - PM me with your full address!
Hi Tim, My address is *edited by mod*
Userlevel 7
Hi Tim, My address is 26 Oak Tree Close, Kingsbury, Tamworth B78 2JF

Thanks @Valerie Rowlands I'll hide your address and confirm, your meters have their off peak from 00:30-07:30 GMT, changing to 01:30-08:30 BST!
Thanks for your reply Tim. Kind Regards, Valerie Rowlands.

Hi I have a SEEBOARD meternumber edited by moderator. Please could you tell me the times my cheaper tarrif starts and finishes on economy 7, thank you, John

Userlevel 6
I've popped your post here, @flagooner, you'll find the info you need above. ☺

I’d like to know about my peak and off peak tarrif hours too please.

My MPAN is edited by moderator.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7

Your meter’s off peak usage is from 00:00 - 07:00 all year round @MarkJG 

Hi
Can I have my economy 7 timings please?
My meter  is Meter Serial Number: edited by moderator

Thanks

Userlevel 6

Thanks!

Hey @plasmaartist - please see above :sunglasses:

I would have thought OVO should provide this transparency. I think I might have the times wrong for BST and have been charging my battery using peak rate.

So, this is well worth checking with Ovo for your own account. Annoyingly you have to email/phone them as the information is not available online via your account. That said, they are quick to reply.

I had thought I was playing it safe by charging between 1:00 and 6:00 but it turns out my of off peak is split across two times: 22:30pm - 00:30am and 2:30 - 7:30. This seems designed to catch people out! 

I would vote for this information being made available directly in my account/contract information.

Userlevel 6

Welcome to the forum, @barneyd, I too agree, this is a great idea and would be a really handy feature, I’ll pass your feedback on. 

I popped you post here, there’s lots of handy info in the thread in line with your post. 

Thanks!