Solved

Can I change from Economy 7 to a single rate tariff?

• 23 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I signed up again to OVO recently and thought about dropping my Economy 7 tariff because it no longer suits my work pattern. There didn’t seem to be an opportunity to do this when I selected my plan. Does anyone know if it’s possible to keep your plan but change to a single tariff? I think the meter gives a combined day/night reading.

icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 24 April 2020, 12:25

Hey @mike108,

You won’t get the option when looking at the tariffs, but if you give us a call, a member of the team can change you over to a single rate if you’re supplied by us.

If you give them a call on 0330 303 5063 between 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday, they’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Ed

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @mike108 it would be good to know what sort of meter you have; if you have a smart meter it should be easy to send a software change to the meter to convert it to single rate but you would obviously need to change your tariff.  It might pay you to do the sums based on a new single rate tariff as you might find it won’t make as much difference as you think.

Peter

Userlevel 5

Hey @mike108,

You won’t get the option when looking at the tariffs, but if you give us a call, a member of the team can change you over to a single rate if you’re supplied by us.

If you give them a call on 0330 303 5063 between 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday, they’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks to everyone who replied. Peter’s probably right; it won’t make that much difference. At least I know you need to make a phone call to do it.