Solved

PAYG moved to OVO - Need new top up card

I've been moved to ovo. My current gas payment card isn't working. I'm not paying £5 my old supplier didn't charge. I can't get on ovo app to see if I can get a bar code. 

icon

Best answer by Dazwebb 18 April 2023, 15:48

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Dazwebb ,

It’s possible that the account(s) are still moving over and might not be ready just yet. If you have Smart Meters, they’ll be in either Friendly Credit Mode/Non-Disconnect Mode, or would have been switched to acting like a pay monthly meter in the meantime.

Try calling 0330 175 9669 though. That team can check the status and issue PANs for the app to work.

Thanks for reply, I've had a txt say the move is all set up. Have rang 3 times only for the phone to be put on the side. I can hear everyone yet not talking to me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Try again. If you still get nowhere, let me know

So apparently the shop has to type in ovo on their machine instead of my old supplier. New cards are being issued. This might help anyone else who's having issues. Thanks for replying. Daz... 

Hi, I just got back from the store with a charged key.  But the meter does not accept payment.  How to recover a deposit that is on a key that does not work?

I will add that no error code is displayed ... only the amount of 0.49p E

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Prad1970 ,

Let Support know! They can help get you a new key and refund the lost credit. :)

Userlevel 7

Hey @Prad1970,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I can see @Blastoise186 has already given some helpful advice here. Just wanted to add that all the ways to contact OVO PAYG and Boost can be found on our website

Hi all i moved over to ove in january, been using my old top up cards in shop and online top up through ovo online payment top up ( type in old supplier top up numbers for both gas and electric) always worked but tryed to top up yesterday both not working??? tryed to get throu to ovo but useless she couldnt understand what i was trying to say to her, any body else having this problem please? Thanks

Userlevel 7

Hey @Tea,

Sorry to hear this,

I’d advise contacting the Support Team again about your issue. 

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

The following topic might be helpful to you:

Keep us posted with how you get on.

I’d advise contacting the Support Team again about your issue. 

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

all sorted now thank you i rung this morning lady gave me both the new pan top up numbers over the phone and new top up cards have been sent out thank you

Still not received top up card

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Colditz1 ,

Please call 0330 175 9669 for this. The team will sort one out for you

Still not got top up card!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’ve just replied to you. Please call 0330 175 9669 or use Live Chat via https://help.ovoenergy.com to arrange a new card. I’m afraid I can’t arrange one from here.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Colditz1,

Is this sorted now? The following topics might be helpful to you:

I have been moved over have new card, i am in credit of £75.00 , should this run down before using new card, also tried to get on priority list using acc number that came with card, it keeps saying my acc no is wrong or my postcode is wrong, they sure dont make it easy do they, prepayment gas, and still using old supplier’s key for topping up electric meter,

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It may be possible to pop the card in the meter now, but I’d suggest checking with Support first just to be sure. They can also help you set up Priority Services Register stuff as well - but that should automatically carry over from your old supplier (which can also be checked via Support).

https://help.ovoenergy.com 

Userlevel 7

Hey @weedug,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I’d advise running the credit down before using the new card. Another Community Member asked the same question recently my advice was as follows:

The new gas cards carriers do advise to run the credit down, then put the card into the meter to register, then you can top up. This is because inserting the gas card may wipe a customers existing credit, which is a massive inconvenience. We have had anecdotal reports where a customer hasn't waited to run down the credit and it didn't wipe off the credit but its not something we can recommend. 

We have an FAQ which you may find helpful:

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Hi. I've just been advised by sse my account has gone over to ovo from today and I will here from then in a few weeks. My electric is an old style top up key meter. I have not been sent a new key. Do I continue to use my old sse key ( will this still work) until new one is sent xx

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup, keep using the existing key. It’ll either get reprogrammed automatically for OVO or you’ll get an OVO one later.

Thankyou 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Shell1,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community 😊

I can see Blastoise186 has already given some helpful advice here. Just wanted to add we have some great FAQs and Tutorials on the Forum you may find helpful. 

hi all, thanks for replying, I've decided to wait till my credit runs down and then will top up, thanks again

Userlevel 7

No problem @weedug!

Pop back if you have any more questions or any issues when you go to top up again 😊