Solved

'You have a new online account' - preventing logging in even after submitting email address - how do I access this new online account?

• 21 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi All

New here.

Condensed version of events. Have set up a new account and should have been able to log onto portal. Did not receive a welcome email. Each time I go to the old Myovo, it redirects and says i have a new online ac. Fair enough. It asks me to input my email and then after pressing green button I wait and wait and have been waiting since the 12th September.

(I might add that I have been an OVO customer since 2015)

I cant even access via the App

I sent an instant message to OVO today as had gotten no where asking them for help via website. Received reply and the long and short of it is, I have been told to try to activate account in 6 weeks , see below for actual message.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Kath

This is so strange, Kath.

I've heard from some of our members that their online account wasn't fully set up until they had the first statement, so this may be the case for yourself too. Give it 6 weeks and then I'm hoping you'll have full access. Until then, we'll be happy to help with any queries on here. We can also submit readings on your behalf if you need to do this.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Jequinlan 21 September 2020, 18:18

Updated on 20/10/20: The info in this update box is taken from this tutorial on how to fix login issues with your new online account:

Please try this:

If you’re having issues with our app, try deleting and reinstalling - ensuring it’s the latest version. Sometimes this is all it needs to iron out any issues.

And this: 

If you’re on a computer, ensure you’re using Google Chrome as your account is optimised for this browser. Clear your cookies and cache and try login again, here’s how to do that:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More.
  3. Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

Still not working? 

If it’s still not letting you in, we’ll need a few details so that we can work out the issue:

1. Are you logging in using your email address or account number?
  2. Are you using the app or the browser version of the site?
  3. Can you send us a screenshot of the issue/error? If not please describe it in as much detail.
  4. How long has this been ongoing for?
  5. What device are you using? I.e iPhone 7, Dell laptop etc.
  6. What software does your device use? This can usually be found in the settings section of your device.

Forward as much of the above info as you can onto the team and they’ll get on it! 

You can reach out to the team on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Can you try logging on in a new window in incognito mode? (Control+Shift+N) from your browser , am assuming chrome or edge here  

If you can: the cookies on your machine are indeed an issue 

If you can't: (my expectation) then your account is either:

In the setup for new contract phase - activates  after 1st bill.  (I have had this more than once)

Or

There really is something wrong and ovo cust services need to fix (have had this once, used facebook chat and was sorted in 10 mins)

Hope this helps.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Updated on 20/10/20: The info in this update box is taken from this tutorial on how to fix login issues with your new online account:

Please try this:

If you’re having issues with our app, try deleting and reinstalling - ensuring it’s the latest version. Sometimes this is all it needs to iron out any issues.

And this: 

If you’re on a computer, ensure you’re using Google Chrome as your account is optimised for this browser. Clear your cookies and cache and try login again, here’s how to do that:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More.
  3. Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

Still not working? 

If it’s still not letting you in, we’ll need a few details so that we can work out the issue:

1. Are you logging in using your email address or account number?
  2. Are you using the app or the browser version of the site?
  3. Can you send us a screenshot of the issue/error? If not please describe it in as much detail.
  4. How long has this been ongoing for?
  5. What device are you using? I.e iPhone 7, Dell laptop etc.
  6. What software does your device use? This can usually be found in the settings section of your device.

Forward as much of the above info as you can onto the team and they’ll get on it! 

You can reach out to the team on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Can you try logging on in a new window in incognito mode? (Control+Shift+N) from your browser , am assuming chrome or edge here  

If you can: the cookies on your machine are indeed an issue 

If you can't: (my expectation) then your account is either:

In the setup for new contract phase - activates  after 1st bill.  (I have had this more than once)

Or

There really is something wrong and ovo cust services need to fix (have had this once, used facebook chat and was sorted in 10 mins)

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for posting, @kathfayedave 

Myself and maybe some of our volunteers are here and happy to help, but we might need some more info from you. 

1. Can you confirm you’ve been on supply with OVO at the same property for a while (since 2015 as you state?
  2. Can you clear your browsing cookies, history and try and login once more? FYI The likes of @Jequinlan might be better advised on which specific bits of browser history helps fix some of these login issues. 
  3. Can you confirm when if you got an email to advise about this new online account upgrade?

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Tim, Thanks for the reply

Yes, been continuous supply at this address

Have cleared details out of log on and input my new Ovo ID and pressed both reset and first time log in but have never received an email

The upgrade came in response to a plea for help via the email help. A guy called and after some chat, he advised that  I set up a new account, which we did.

I havent laid eyes on my account (old) since at least February.

As of now, I have spoken to another guy this afternoon. Not any progress really, looking at switching to be honest, really cant do with the hassle. 

Thank you so much for reading

Userlevel 7

The upgrade came in response to a plea for help via the email help. A guy called and after some chat, he advised that  I set up a new account, which we did.

In what way did you ‘set up a new account’?

Thanks for all the info, and I can totally get if you’ve got some issue-fatigue here. We shouldn’t need you to be solving these things, that’s our job! An account being upgraded should happen behind the scenes either way. 

Can you reach out to our web chat team to see if you can get a more robust answer then ‘wait 6 weeks’? And we can look to make this a good topic hub for this online account upgrade delay that might help others in the future….

Don’t forget to check your spam and junk folders for those password reset emails as well - they now last 6 hours vs the 30 minutes they used to!

Userlevel 7

Can you let us know when you try the above, @kathfayedave ? Got all bases covered there with @Jequinlan’s advice so hoping I can assign that as the best answer?