Condensed version of events. Have set up a new account and should have been able to log onto portal. Did not receive a welcome email. Each time I go to the old Myovo, it redirects and says i have a new online ac. Fair enough. It asks me to input my email and then after pressing green button I wait and wait and have been waiting since the 12th September.
(I might add that I have been an OVO customer since 2015)
I cant even access via the App
I sent an instant message to OVO today as had gotten no where asking them for help via website. Received reply and the long and short of it is, I have been told to try to activate account in 6 weeks , see below for actual message.
Can anyone help please?
This is so strange, Kath.
I've heard from some of our members that their online account wasn't fully set up until they had the first statement, so this may be the case for yourself too. Give it 6 weeks and then I'm hoping you'll have full access. Until then, we'll be happy to help with any queries on here. We can also submit readings on your behalf if you need to do this.
Best answer by Jequinlan
Updated on 20/10/20: The info in this update box is taken from this tutorial on how to fix login issues with your new online account:
Please try this:
If you’re having issues with our app, try deleting and reinstalling - ensuring it’s the latest version. Sometimes this is all it needs to iron out any issues.
If you’re on a computer, ensure you’re using Google Chrome as your account is optimised for this browser. Clear your cookies and cache and try login again, here’s how to do that:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Still not working?
If it’s still not letting you in, we’ll need a few details so that we can work out the issue:
- Are you logging in using your email address or account number?
- Are you using the app or the browser version of the site?
- Can you send us a screenshot of the issue/error? If not please describe it in as much detail.
- How long has this been ongoing for?
- What device are you using? I.e iPhone 7, Dell laptop etc.
- What software does your device use? This can usually be found in the settings section of your device.
Forward as much of the above info as you can onto the team and they’ll get on it!
Can you try logging on in a new window in incognito mode? (Control+Shift+N) from your browser , am assuming chrome or edge here
If you can: the cookies on your machine are indeed an issue
If you can't: (my expectation) then your account is either:
In the setup for new contract phase - activates after 1st bill. (I have had this more than once)
There really is something wrong and ovo cust services need to fix (have had this once, used facebook chat and was sorted in 10 mins)
Hope this helps.