Solved

Why is there no half hourly gas meter readings or usage on my online account with a Secure SMETS1 smart meter, even when HAN, WAN are indicating no communication issues?

• 8 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

It’s nearly 3 weeks now and the problem I have with OVO’s systems not making my half hourly gas readings available still has not been resolved.  The HAN cartouche is showing on both my electricity and gas smart meters so they appear to be communicating with each other and my total daily gas usage is being received by OVO as that is being updated on the web page.  Surely if one is being received so should the other? 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 15 October 2020, 14:55

Hi @TheBatsWhiskers just checking in on your half hourly usage issue?

I think you’re also effected by the situation outlined in this topic, where I confirm:

Please be advised that there is a known issue effecting some customers, where half hourly usage information is not populating onto online usage graphs, despite good smart meter comms, and a populated monthly chart. 

If you haven’t already, we’d appreciated it if you could make our Support team aware of this, so a ‘case’ can be raised, helping us to identify the volumes of those effected. 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Thanks for posting this, @TheBatsWhiskers - I want to get a real handle on these smart communication/online account usage issue topics. I don’t have an answer here, so this is more just to get the ball rolling and seeing who else is effected. 

We need to separate these issues by several factors:

1. Smart meter type: SMETS1 Secure vs SMETS2 Aclara vs other SMETS2 manufactured meter
  2. Billing platform: New online account vs old MyOVO portal
  3. Fuel: Gas usage/readings vs electricity usage/readings

This topic (based on what you’ve confirmed to us in other threads) is about:

SMETS1 smart meters, on the new online account, not showing your gas usage/readings. 

For anyone with this same combination of issues, I’ll be adding to this topic moving forwards! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@TheBatsWhiskers  did you manage to get a satisfactory result as it would be good to know. Thanks :)

Userlevel 1

@Jequinlan one word - no.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Tim_OVO can you help?

Userlevel 7

@Tim_OVO can you help?

Yes, and I think I will now. 

@TheBatsWhiskers sadly you’re not the first forum member here to report that the S2 team haven’t provided an update when promised. I need to find a good contact there to see what’s going on, and I will raise your case as a specific example. 

To avoid me wasting my time, please post here if you get an update today! :) 

Userlevel 1

@Tim_OVO I’ve just checked my account on the web portal and the phone app and nothing has been addressed as still no data available. 

Just think I also put in a suggestion via the feedback link some 2 years ago that OVO make the data available in a text format csv file for download.  Nothing has happened with that suggestion, so I’m not holding my breath for a speedy fix to the current problem.

Have a good and safe weekend :mask:

Userlevel 7

Hi @TheBatsWhiskers just checking in on your half hourly usage issue?

I think you’re also effected by the situation outlined in this topic, where I confirm:

Please be advised that there is a known issue effecting some customers, where half hourly usage information is not populating onto online usage graphs, despite good smart meter comms, and a populated monthly chart. 

If you haven’t already, we’d appreciated it if you could make our Support team aware of this, so a ‘case’ can be raised, helping us to identify the volumes of those effected. 

Userlevel 1

@Tim_OVO My initial question was put to the support team and I ended up on the community forum.  I have now ldged an official complaint, so we’ll see what happens now.

Userlevel 7

I just posted this comment (below) on a related topic and wanted to share here:

“I had a meeting with @Transparent yesterday (I still need to see your latest post on your usage graph, it’s on my list), where we discussed the online account usage graphs, changes being made by developers, forum members providing examples of issues, and the disconnect between the two. I will do my best (either today or early next week) to propose closer cooperation to allow issues, changes and causes to be linked together more effectively. 

In the meantime, we have an update for users of the online account on their mobile:

Orion mobile usage display

Orion members accessing online accounts via mobile phone will now see one vertical chart displaying their consumption on the Usage page. This has replaced tables and graphs. You can switch between gas/elec and kWh/£ on the chart with the Energy Settings toggles

You’ll still be able to view comparisons between months and years as a table using comparison buttons below the chart.

This is being rolled out gradually so some members may still see the old version.