Solved

Why is the website crashing every time I enter a meter reading?

• 13 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Why does the website crash every time I come to submit my readings, EVERY TIME!!!

I have been on the site several times this month with no issues, but AGAIN today, crashed!!

When I say crashed, I mean it goes back all the way to the first time we signed up to OVO, with the welcome page 

You are switching to OVO on

16th October

We switched 3 years ago…….. on the 16th October 2017

from there no links work.

icon

Best answer by NinjaGeek 13 May 2020, 16:29

Hello @Dave5118 

Welcome to the forum!

It appears this could be a caching issue with the website. Best thing to try would be to submit your meter readings with

A) Different web browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Opera

B) Look at submitting your meter readings via incognito mode with your web browser. Let us know which web browser you are using and I can assist you how to do this

C) Message them on Facebook or Twitter

Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Matt

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @Dave5118 

Welcome to the forum!

It appears this could be a caching issue with the website. Best thing to try would be to submit your meter readings with

A) Different web browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Opera

B) Look at submitting your meter readings via incognito mode with your web browser. Let us know which web browser you are using and I can assist you how to do this

C) Message them on Facebook or Twitter

Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Matt

It does the same no matter what browser I use, also the Android app gives an error too. I’ll have to try what you said next month, as it is working fine now.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Dave5118

I’m glad to hear that the online account is back up and running for you. I’ve added some tags to your post and changed the title slightly,  just in case this is effecting other members. 

If the issue occurs next month, please let us know. 

Thanks!