Solved

Why is the online account usage graph for the previous year incorrect for gas but fine for electricity?

  • 9 October 2020
  • 7 replies
  • 182 views

When I look at the graphs on my ovo account the information shown for the previous years is incorrect.  The Graph for the electric is fine, but the Gas is completely wrong.   Any Ideas?

icon

Best answer by PRoberts 12 October 2020, 16:44

Hi Guys if you look at the information Thurion sent to you a while back, that is exactly the same problem im having.  You obviously have a glitch in moving the data over to the ‘new’  in house system.   I will continue to send in my meter reading each month, im sure at some point the tech team will sort out the glitch and update the records with the correct readings.   Please dont worry to much about this, I was only trying to raise awareness, but you are already aware you have a problem.

 

 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @PRoberts and welcome to the Forum

You’re asking just the right question and at the right time!  :slight_smile:

A number of us are aware of the Usage graphs and figures being incorrect. The range of symptoms suggest that there is more than one underlying cause.

So we’ve got a Topic running on the Forum where we’ve been discussing Online Account Usage and comparing what we’re seeing. Head over there, read what others are saying and then describe what you’re seeing.

If possible a screenshot of your graphs that show the errors would be great. But please ensure that you don’t post personal data by mistake! This is a public website, available to anyone in the world!

The software developers are aware of that Topic and can pick up the information you provide.

Hi Guys,  I have already sent a copy of the page to the ‘contact us’ link.   Nothing back, and it’s been a few weeks since then.   The problem seems to be, that the data feeding the graph is wrong,  I can look back at my a previous months bills and see the correct information, but I do tend to use the graphs for year on year comparisons.  All that needs to be done is input the correct previous years data into the spreadsheet that the graphs are linked to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Good observations, @PRoberts.

From what you’ve just written, I’m pretty sure that this is an error in migrating your account data from the original software to the new Billing System. The old software was licensed from a 3rd-party provider, and created sufficient errors that Ofgem got involved in the investigation.

The new System is an in-house design from scratch. That’s quite a radical step but it means that OVO still have the software development staff as employees.

The issue with data being mangled as it was migrated doesn’t affect most customers. So I suggest that you email again and clearly identify that this problem has corrupted your data.

I’m sure you guys will sort this problem out, in a while.  At least you are aware you have a problem.  Lots of people never even check there usage, but I do use this facility and find it helpful.   Thanks again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Well I’m a fellow customer… as is almost everyone on this Forum. Customer Services don’t monitor what gets posted here.

Our main forte is to help clarify what’s going wrong so that you can more accurately inform OVO. You also have the benefit of emailing Customer Services with a link to this Topic. They can then read what we’ve been through in analysing the issue.

Userlevel 7

Can we get some more info here, @PRoberts 

 

We can make this THE go to for month on month usage issues, possibly related to the account upgrade. So we need more info to diagnose. @Transparent is good, but he’s not magic!

 

Send a screenshot, let us know if you have smart meters, and we’ll go from there :) 

 

Also, this would be great:

 

So we’ve got a Topic running on the Forum where we’ve been discussing Online Account Usage and comparing what we’re seeing. Head over there, read what others are saying and then describe what you’re seeing.

If possible a screenshot of your graphs that show the errors would be great. But please ensure that you don’t post personal data by mistake! This is a public website, available to anyone in the world!

 

Hi Guys if you look at the information Thurion sent to you a while back, that is exactly the same problem im having.  You obviously have a glitch in moving the data over to the ‘new’  in house system.   I will continue to send in my meter reading each month, im sure at some point the tech team will sort out the glitch and update the records with the correct readings.   Please dont worry to much about this, I was only trying to raise awareness, but you are already aware you have a problem.

 

 

Reply