Solved

Why is my historic usage not showing on the new online account?

None of my electricity useage data has been imported to the new portal (“ You used 0 kilowatt hourkWh of electricity in 2020”) and none of my previous statements for gas or electricity. (I have been a customer since 2015) . It is very disappointing that you migrate customers without their data. How can I get it all reinstated?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 1 June 2020, 17:05

None of my electricity useage data has been imported to the new portal (“ You used 0 kilowatt hourkWh of electricity in 2020”) and none of my previous statements for gas or electricity. (I have been a customer since 2015) . It is very disappointing that you migrate customers without their data. How can I get it all reinstated?

Hi @George2 - thanks for flagging!

This historic usage should be sent across, to show on your new online account. I’ve been advised that this can take a number of weeks though. Can you confirm when your account was upgraded?

If you think it’s a bug, it’s better to get this raised with our developers directly, via customer support, at least until we create a good space here on the forum to collect and categorize bugs and issues., as Transparent mentioned. 

To reach out, message us on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Tim

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @George2 and thanks for posting here on the Forum

I’m glad you mentioned 2015. It just so happens this is suspiciously similar to another fault reported here last week.

There’s clearly a bug in the software tool that migrates the historical data across for some customers. I wonder if they forget to check how this operates for customers with accounts that go back to 2015 and beyond?

We can’t get OVO to investigate this over the weekend, but let’s get the duty Moderator to pick it up on Monday.

Could you please fill out your Forum Profile? Although it isn’t visible publicly, it will contain your Account Number.

We’re trying to get the Programming Team to pick up bugs directly from the Forum discussions if they affect multiple customers. See what we’re discussing about this here and at the foot of this other comment here.

Userlevel 7

This historic usage should be sent across, to show on your new online account. I’ve been advised that this can take a number of weeks though. Can you confirm when your account was upgraded?

If you think it’s a bug, it’s better to get this raised with our developers directly, via customer support, at least until we create a good space here on the forum to collect and categorize bugs and issues., as Transparent mentioned. 

To reach out, message us on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Tim

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Erm, @Tim_OVO This is another of those Reports that affects multiple customers. If each one contacts Customer Support separately, they’ll just have their own historical data moved across manually.

The fault will go away for them, but others will continue to experience it as they get migrated in the ensuing weeks. :scream:

We need to find a way for this to get notified as a generic software error, so that the programmers actually delve into the code to find out what’s going wrong.

Userlevel 7

You’ve misread my post, @Transparent - maybe I could’ve been clearer. 

This issue: It’s usual for historic usage to take some time to move across to the new account, a few weeks. But if George thinks this is an unrelated issue, it will need to be raised to the Support team. 

More generally: it’s always useful for users who are experiencing bugs to reach out to our Support team, so a ticket can be raised to the developers. This won’t result in a manual fix as you’re suggesting. It allows our developers to categorize issues, so they’re grouped together correctly. Member A might have a similar looking issue to member B, but it might be a different root cause, needing its own fix. Moderators and volunteers such as yourself won’t be able to diagnose the difference. Even if it is the same issue, having a ticket raised for each one will allow the developers to know numbers, helping with prioritising. So, if there’s an issue, we will continue to advise members to reach out to our Support team. The forum will remain a good place for sharing updates on these fixes, finding common ground on these features, and their workarounds, and more.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my reply :nerd:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Well, I’ve got a Diploma in OVO Studies and this is the first I’ve heard of such a Ticket System!

Anyways, we’re gong off-topic, so I’ve started a whole new Topic about Refining Fault Reporting from the Forum.

Userlevel 1

My online monthly statements were removed during an erroneous transfer process and have not been reinstated afterwards.

Has anyone had similar issues and did the statements ever become available?

Not sure it’s legal?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

bernie123

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes, there are a number of customers mentioning similar difficulties here on the Forum@bernie123 

When you say an erroneous transfer process are you referring to your Online Account being migrated to the new Billing System?

One major software issue has recently been fixed and was announced here.

It will still take a while to move across the data which didn’t transfer correctly at the first attempt.

Userlevel 6

This sounds like something our Tech team will need to look into, @bernie123, it’s a unique issue as this happened because of an erroneous transfer. 

Send us a message on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Userlevel 1

Thanks Eva. 

I’ve asked the team at hell@ovoenergy.com but have not had a response, been waiting a while.

Will keep you posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ah… was that a typo, @bernie123 … or were you anticipating a reply from hell? :smiling_imp:

Userlevel 1

typo but maybe I will get a response from hell lol

Userlevel 6

Did you manage to get this sorted, @bernie123? If it has, do you know what the team did to resolve the issue? :)

Userlevel 1

thanks for asking Eva.

No it hasn’t been resolved OVO insist their “summary” is adequate, no meter readings no dates just number of days a different rates.

The have sent a letter of failure to agree as an attachment in an email. 

Although I am a follower of paper free on this occasion I would have preferred a paper copy.

I will set my case out and send it to the Ombudsman.

Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

bernie123

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for the update @bernie123.

Can we just be clear here? Your original post (above) concerned the matter of historical monthly statements not being available after you were migrated to the new Billing System.

I was migrated onto the new software at the end of 2019, and the previous Statements (PDFs) moved across ok. So the foot of my Online Account Home-page looks like this:

Note also the shortened date-range for the December Statement, effectively moving from the anniversary date of my Contract (14th of the month) to Statements on 1st of each month.

But you’re reporting that you don’t have those Statements any more?

… and that OVO can’t provide them?

What is the “summary” that you refer to?

What is it that you’re seeing which has “no meter readings no dates just number of days a different rates

As you’ve got a Deadlock letter, you are of course entitled to raise this with the Office of the Energy Ombudsman. Even if they don’t decide to follow this through as a formal complaint, I have always found their advice to be extremely helpful. So I hope they can clarify for you what is and isn’t “legal” (the term you used in your original message above).

You are, of course, free to copy this message to the Ombudsman so that they can view my screenshot above.

Since Friday 3rd July my OVO account is no longer showing daily usage figures. Has anyone else been getting this problem?

I downloaded the phone app to see if it was just the portal, however the app was also missing the data. Slightly worried since a few months ago my account had a data error that seemed to delete several months of bills, which temporarily left me in massive credit (4 figure sum). Hoping this isn’t another situation of error within my account, as I find the daily usage quite useful

I’m in the same position. Like you I had a similar issue some months back and was put back on the old billing platform (with monthly statements) and it seemed to sort itself out. But Like you no usage data since 3/7. I emailed OVO last week, but no response as yet. Rather fed up.

I have the same issue. i spoke to someone at Ovo after receiving an email reply. The lady said their system was being upgraded and would eventually show daily readings.  But iI do wonder if this is a standard response . Surely an information email would let us all know why this is happening,

Yes - communication is abysmal. An email or better still something on the website highlighting the issue and when it will be fixed would be helpful to all! I do wonder whether there is some confusion also about daily readings and usage - the daily readings are fine for me, but the usage is missing - and the usage is probably of more use if we are supposed to be using this technology to help us control and manage our energy usage. There is no excuse for this lack of communication even in the current circumstances, when possibly it is more important than ever to know what energy we are actually using!

Userlevel 5

@GDB @lizit @Elaine W - I’ve moved your messages over to this one, as it’s linked to the original question in the topic!

This will most likely have the same answer as the ‘best answer’ in this thread, which coincides with what the Customer Care Team member advised:

To reach out, message us on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat.

Tim