Solved

Why have I stopped getting email meter reading reminder notifications?

• 4 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Has anyone else found that suddenly, although the email address in the account details has not changed and is still showing, they are no longer getting reminder notifications by email to take meter readings. This happened in May or June this year and is still not working anymore

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 4 October 2020, 17:11

Thanks for sharing this, @sprindrift63 @Thurion 

You’re correct @Transparent that the upgrade to the new billing system is the cause of these email meter reading reminders not being sent. 

However on the 29th September, we got an update from the developers to advise:

We’re now sending meter reading reminder emails to some members with traditional meters. If this is successful, we’ll start sending reminders to more people with traditional meters.

Not ideal, I know. But we’re working on this! Please submit your meter readings as often as you can, to ensure any estimates we make are pretty much exactly right. 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2

Happened to me months ago.  They said they were upgrading etc and all would be back to normal.  Still waiting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for raising this issue @sprindrift63 and @Thurion. So I assume that you both have traditional meters and supply readings manually each month or so.

Did you notice whether the loss of email reminders coincided with your account being migrated across to the new Billing System, which looks like this when you log in online and view the Plan page:

How have you reported the loss of email reminders to OVO?

Just by phone?

Or have you put this in writing? (Email & webchat via the Help Centre)

Userlevel 2

Pretty sure it did coincide with new system which is why I was told it was due to upgrades and would be resolved.

Reported by phone.

Userlevel 2

Technical reasons why smart meter not good here.  Send monthly readings.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for sharing this, @sprindrift63 @Thurion 

You’re correct @Transparent that the upgrade to the new billing system is the cause of these email meter reading reminders not being sent. 

However on the 29th September, we got an update from the developers to advise:

We’re now sending meter reading reminder emails to some members with traditional meters. If this is successful, we’ll start sending reminders to more people with traditional meters.

Not ideal, I know. But we’re working on this! Please submit your meter readings as often as you can, to ensure any estimates we make are pretty much exactly right. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Thurionwrote

Technical reasons why smart meter not good here.

Sure. That’s fine.

Actually your feedback is very important. At the moment almost all the issues regarding the new Billing System are being raised by those of us who have Smart Meters. By definition, none of us would ever receive a monthly reminder!

Userlevel 2

Not sure why I received this latest communication.   Are they going to resume monthly meter reading reminders for those of us who cannot/don’t want to have smart meters, or not?

Userlevel 7

Yes they are, @Thurion - test on a smaller pot of customers is in progress and this will be rolled out to all customers without a smart meter if successful :blush:

Sorry that I can’t confirm an exact date for this yet…..  

Userlevel 2

OK. I’ll wait and see. I’m not an aggressive contributor, just won’t accept inefficient, simply wrong answers, actions (or not) etc. 
It’s all about running a business effectively, efficiently and with customer focus. No business has to do that, each have their own corporate strategy.  But please don’t pretend to be customer focused if you actually don’t/can’t care.  Not saying that of OVO, but time will tell.