Solved

Why have I been charged for one days usage twice on my online account?

• 11 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, I’ve logged in to add a meter reading and I can see an extra charge on my account.

Under Billing, I have a bill for 10 June - 9 July but there is also another billing for just 10th July 2020 for over £26!

Can someone explain what this means and why I have an extra charge?

icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 13 July 2020, 13:11

Hey @feixon,

It sounds like your account has been moved to our new online experience. We don’t have access to your account so this is just a guess but we may have generated a bill for the 10th June - 9th July using estimated readings, which may not have been right. Then when you submitted a reading on the 10th we billed you to that reading which may have been higher than our estimate. On the new system whenever you submit a reading you’ll be billed to it. 

If this doesn’t sound right send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number so we can look into this. Don’t worry if you don’t use social media not to worry,  Help centre has online chat!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Hey @feixon,

It sounds like your account has been moved to our new online experience. We don’t have access to your account so this is just a guess but we may have generated a bill for the 10th June - 9th July using estimated readings, which may not have been right. Then when you submitted a reading on the 10th we billed you to that reading which may have been higher than our estimate. On the new system whenever you submit a reading you’ll be billed to it. 

If this doesn’t sound right send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number so we can look into this. Don’t worry if you don’t use social media not to worry,  Help centre has online chat!