Solved

Why has the OVO app stopped showing monthly and daily usage breakdowns? Browser online account uneffected.

• 15 November 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 2

My app has stopped showing monthly and daily breakdown.

It is still receiving meter readings and updating the November figure daily in the Yearly viewn, but no option to switch to monthly or daily breakdown anymore.

Have tried reinstalling the app to no avail (Android)

See Screenshot below.

Paul

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 17 November 2020, 10:23

Yep @Paul_Bedfordshire @Rogerc446 @Blastoise186 just confirmed from our app devs that it’s an app-only issue, they’re working on a fix, and they will let me know when this is done.

So I’ll let you know as soon as it's available. 

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi there @Paul_Bedfordshire ,

This sounds a bit like a known issue that we’ve been tracking down recently. At the moment I’m currently waiting for @Tim_OVO to check in with some news here, but this is definitely something that’s being looked into.

Sorry for the trouble

Userlevel 6
Badge

Also, just so that I can double check, do the details below sound about right? Please let me know if it isn’t and I’ll be happy to tweak it.

I’m going to quickly convert this into a format that helps the Kaluza developers who work on the app understand the issue.

What’s the problem?

The OVO Energy app on Android has stopped showing daily and monthly readings

How do I make it happen?

1. Log into the OVO Energy app
  2. Tap Usage
  3. Try to switch to Daily/Monthly view for either Electricity and/or Gas

What should happen when I do this?

I should be able to see the breakdowns for Daily, Monthly and Yearly usage

What happens instead?

I can’t bring up Daily or Monthly as they’re not visible

Is there anything else you think might be useful to know?

Yes. This quick summary was written by @Blastoise186 on behalf of another user in order to assist with the reported issue. While Blastoise186 doesn’t yet have a fully activated meter, he was able to verify the reported issue using a Samsung Galaxy A70 running Android 10 with OVO Energy v11.3.2/CodePush v238.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Blastoise186 . That description describes it perfectly.

Incidentally, the monthly and daily information is available on the website via logging in on browser, so definitely not a meter reporting issue. Just the App.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thanks Paul!

Yup, that seems to be the same for me as well. Thanks for confirming everything. As a forum volunteer, I can’t directly feed this back to the team at Kaluza, but I know Tim will be happy to send this over to them for you.

We’ll also keep you posted with any progress on this one, so please feel free to check in every so often. And if you need a hand with anything else, we’ll be here for you. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 1

This seems to be happening on the iOS app as well. No tabs, just shows the yearly screen. 

One thing I’ve noticed on the iOS app is that if you look at the daily consumption on your latest bill on the home tab then go to the usage tab, the monthly tab appears (and the yearly tab) whereas it didn’t before but still no daily.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Rogerc446 ,

Thanks for flagging that up as well. Just so that I can double check, does the description I wrote above seem about right/same for you as well? I don’t have an iOS device I’m afraid so I can’t test the app there, but if you’re seeing it too and the steps are the same, that really helps a lot.

Userlevel 2

Hi Roger,

I have just managed to replicate this on mine.

As you say, monthly appears but not daily

Userlevel 1

Hi,

The description is the same issue (ie monthly and daily tabs ( in fact tabs not appearing so can’t change to daily/monthly)

it may be coincidental but seems to be since the latest version of the app 11.3.2 a week ago.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Perfect. :innocent:

When I think about it, I don’t recall seeing this bug prior to the update either, so it’s probably something that broke recently. I’ve made a note of this thread in case Tim doesn’t manage to catch it.

Thanks for reporting this one @Rogerc446 and @Paul_Bedfordshire !

If you spot any other bugs or glitches or if there’s anything else you need help with, definitely feel free to stop by the forums anytime.

Userlevel 7

Just confirming if this is a known issue or not. Will come back with update shortly. @Paul_Bedfordshire @Rogerc446 nice one for flagging this! 

Userlevel 6
Badge

I’ve just checked this one again, and it looks like all three options have returned for me now. As far as I can tell, this bug seems to have been fixed with v11.3.2/CodePush v239 for me.

All three chart options are available for my Electricity usage. I can’t check Gas however as I’m an Electric-Only member.

And it looks like you don’t need to update the app via the Google Play Store/iOS App Store either. Because someone seems to be using clever magic...

Userlevel 7

Yep @Paul_Bedfordshire @Rogerc446 @Blastoise186 just confirmed from our app devs that it’s an app-only issue, they’re working on a fix, and they will let me know when this is done.

So I’ll let you know as soon as it's available. 

Userlevel 1

Seems to be working since yesterday. (On iOS anyhow), so unless somethings changed on the data feed pulled by the app, then I’m guessing it may be data related. 

Userlevel 2

Hi All,

Mine is back to normal now with the exception that when you click on daily for gas it says the information is not available.

Paul

Userlevel 6
Badge

That’s good to see. Having the charts there at all is better than them not existing.

@Paul_Bedfordshire the issue with the Gas data sounds related to another known issue. Does this one sound right?

Userlevel 2

Yes it does!

Userlevel 6
Badge

Excellent, that’s one that has been a real headache to pin down for a while. But if you have any theories on it, feel free to share them on that thread. :)