Solved

Why can't I see my combined energy usage on My OVO?

• 12 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
My in-home device is capable of telling my my total energy usage (either in KWh or price) for both electricity and gas as well as for each utility separately. The website can show my usage for utilities separately but not combined. I can't imagine it would be difficult for a combined tab to be added to the Usage page.

Has nobody ever asked for this before?
icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 5 November 2019, 15:23

I see what you mean now,@torquil, thanks for getting back to us and for the photo, I hope you had a good holiday. 

We’re always looking for ways to improve and develop the app and online account, I’ll pass your feedback on!

Thanks! 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Nicely made topic, @torquil - I’ll leave this as it is for anyone else with the same question. 

I didn’t think we combined usage for gas+electricity on the IHD. Can you take a picture of where you can see this?

Does anyone else think a combined usage section would be handy online? Why?

Userlevel 6
Badge

It’s a matter of personal taste @torquil , @Tim_OVO personally I can’t think of a reason why I would want the usage side by side on the webpage when it’s easy to click on a tab.  I register my usage into a spreadsheet, elect first then gas so separate is fine for me.

Userlevel 6

Any chance of that photo, @torquil, it would be really helpful for us to see what you’re seeing?

I agree. @PeterR1947, it’s down to the individual! 

Userlevel 6
Badge

@torquil is this what you mean?

@Amy_OVO  This is my Pipit 500 showing instantaneous usage for what it’s worth

Userlevel 1

Good evening, all. Sorry, I went on holiday and forgot about this until I was reminded today. Here is a photo of my IHD, showing the view we use most often at home - cost of combined energy used so far today. Very useful when trying to stick to a budget or to convince my wife that she doesn’t need to put the washing machine on for the third time today (I don’t know how she manages to fill it :D )

My IHD this evening.

As well as keeping an eye on the daily combined cost with the IHD, I like to periodically go to the website and look at how my usage has varied over the last week, month, etc. I know I could put the daily costs into a spreadsheet and graph them there, but given that the figures for gas and electricity are already graphed on the website separately, under their own tabs it must be simple to be able to view the combined cost as a graph too under a third tab.

Userlevel 6

I see what you mean now,@torquil, thanks for getting back to us and for the photo, I hope you had a good holiday. 

We’re always looking for ways to improve and develop the app and online account, I’ll pass your feedback on!

Thanks! 

Userlevel 1

That’s all I can ask, @Amy_OVO. :)

Many thanks!