Solved

Why are some days missing from the month view of my usage in the app?

  • 10 May 2020
  • 5 replies
  • 144 views

So guys, why don’t all the days of the month get included in the month view of usage?

Take this month so far. 

The app shows usage for May 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9, but not 6 and 8.

it missed dates in April as well.

Odd!

 

 

icon

Best answer by Transparent 10 May 2020, 19:30

Hi @Cmmaunder and thanks for posting that level of detail here on the Forum.

There are quite a number of customers discussing missing data here. All but one are on Smart Meters. Have a look at this Topic where a customer had no gas readings at all on his online graphs. And read also the discussion between Jewelie and I here which more accurately reflects what you’re reporting.

OVO have been switching customers across to their new Billing System since the beginning of February. But the reports of missing data are quite varied, and I’m not convinced that all of them are from the same software error.

I expect one of the Moderators will pick up this Topic tomorrow, and move it across to join with one of the other similar ones. But I’m just going to tag @Tim_OVO as he’s collating an overview of what we’re seeing.

Some of this information gets passed to the programmers, and other bits are dealt with by the Smart Meter Engineering Team.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Cmmaunder and thanks for posting that level of detail here on the Forum.

There are quite a number of customers discussing missing data here. All but one are on Smart Meters. Have a look at this Topic where a customer had no gas readings at all on his online graphs. And read also the discussion between Jewelie and I here which more accurately reflects what you’re reporting.

OVO have been switching customers across to their new Billing System since the beginning of February. But the reports of missing data are quite varied, and I’m not convinced that all of them are from the same software error.

I expect one of the Moderators will pick up this Topic tomorrow, and move it across to join with one of the other similar ones. But I’m just going to tag @Tim_OVO as he’s collating an overview of what we’re seeing.

Some of this information gets passed to the programmers, and other bits are dealt with by the Smart Meter Engineering Team.

If there had been a topic for the app, I would have posted it there.

The data from the meter seems fine, so ‘smart meters’ isn’t the right topic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

The data-loss errors aren’t specifically related to the App @Cmmaunder .

Some customers see the problem on their MyOVO page, and others experience it on their IHD. That’s why the reports here on the Forum are appearing under such a variety of Topics.

Here is the synopsis I wrote over a month ago when I realised how diverse the issue was.

Oh come on … who gave anyone the right to mark this as solved? It isn’t - the problem is still there and someone at OVO needs to fix it.

Apart from issues like professional competence, how on earth is one to use OVO’s app to check up on one consumption and identify ways to reduce it - as encouraged by Ovo!! - if the data presented is incomplete in multiple respects. Note days are missing from the screen shot above, and so are costs at the ends of the bottom two rows.

Earlier in my like, I managed support for software applications that were far more complex than this and I would, frankly, have been disgusted with myself had I let such glaring errors persist.

Bottom line - must do a lot better!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi again @Cmmaunder . The use of “Solved” on the Forum doesn’t mean that the final remedy has been implemented. It’s used by the Moderators to highlight Topics where there are solutions available for other viewers to home into.

In this case you’ve also expanded on your opening comment to point out that there are actually cost figures missing from the displayed graph, even where there is data present and shown as a line in the histogram.

I’m just highlighting those missing figures in red below so that others can clearly understand what we’re discussing:

 

 

So you are not only report missing data for some days, but also a faulty algorithm that is meant to be generating the prices to be displayed.

That’s very important, because other correspondents on the Forum have thus far only been identifying missing data.

You make a useful point about your experience of managing software projects. I’m tagging @Tim_OVO again here to make sure your professional observations are fed back through the channels to the appropriate level of Management.

As this software is still in early days of being made “live” on OVO’s site, let’s not be reluctant to point out these errors.

Please feel free to keep commenting and together we’ll ensure these bugs get identified and corrected.

Reply