Solved

Why are historical meter readings not visible when I submit a meter reading on the online account?

• 15 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

On the old My Ovo site, we could see historical meter readings right underneath the field for entering new ones. This was great, as we could check everything was correct while entering the new one, all on one screen.

But in the new system, historical readings have moved to a completely separate page. Worse, it only shows three at a time, and you have to keep clicking to display more - absurd in a maximised browser window on a desktop monitor.

Could they please be moved back to where they were?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 16 June 2020, 16:08

This is great feedback, @TomatoPlant 

As you mention, historical (previous) meter readings are accessible, just in its own section. As most customers will have a smart meter that sends those readings every day, it’s not a priority to optimise this ‘submit a reading’ feature, but it’s something that’s been fed back for you! 

If you have a smart meter that doesn’t communicate with us, I can imagine this online experience is a bit of a pain! 

If you don’t have a smart meter, check out availability for an engineer here. 

There’s a similar topic on this here

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

This is great feedback, @TomatoPlant 

As you mention, historical (previous) meter readings are accessible, just in its own section. As most customers will have a smart meter that sends those readings every day, it’s not a priority to optimise this ‘submit a reading’ feature, but it’s something that’s been fed back for you! 

If you have a smart meter that doesn’t communicate with us, I can imagine this online experience is a bit of a pain! 

If you don’t have a smart meter, check out availability for an engineer here. 

There’s a similar topic on this here

Userlevel 7

You’ve posted two great bits of feedback about this online experience, @TomatoPlant - any chance you could create a topic as a space for others to share their feedback?

It will be valuable to be able to share this with our developers! 

Userlevel 1

You’ve posted two great bits of feedback about this online experience, @TomatoPlant - any chance you could create a topic as a space for others to share their feedback?

It will be valuable to be able to share this with our developers! 

Thanks - I’m a senior software engineer myself, so if a system I have to use doesn’t seem to work properly I get straight on it. TBH in other forums, I often find that single topics designed for feedback end up bloated with dozens of pages of replies, much of which is noise. Seems preferable to have focussed topics on each feedback point; but if you create a unified one yourself I’ll put feedback there when I have any in the future.

Userlevel 7

I often find that single topics designed for feedback end up bloated with dozens of pages of replies, much of which is noise. Seems preferable to have focussed topics on each feedback point; 

Good shout, @TomatoPlant - I agree actually. Let’s keep the system of having one topic per feedback/query. 

On that note, please come back and flag any feedback you have on the online account. It’s a working progress, and that means we need to know what works and what needs changing. We need this community to be part of that feedback loop!