Solved

Why am I now being sent and how can I stop receiving paper statements?

• 7 July 2020
  • 9 replies

I seem to have started receiving paper statements all of a sudden, which I really don’t want. Please can you let me know how to switch these off?

icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 8 July 2020, 12:16

Hey @BristolMatt

Welcome to the forum! :)

This is an issue we’ve come across on the new online account. You can change your communication preferences on your profile on your online account, you just need to select email rather than post and we’ll stop sending paper statements. It may be worth checking your billing summaries to see if you’ve been charged for the paper statements.

If you have, we’re really sorry but don’t worry we will refund the charges. Just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. if you don’t use social media, our Help centre has online chat!

Thanks! 

View original

9 replies

im on a two year fixed rate which says (all online) but I’m still receiving statements though the post how do I stop this ? As they are charging me
to send them ?

Thanks liv
Userlevel 6

Hey @BristolMatt

This is an issue we’ve come across on the new online account. You can change your communication preferences on your profile on your online account, you just need to select email rather than post and we’ll stop sending paper statements. It may be worth checking your billing summaries to see if you’ve been charged for the paper statements.

If you have, we’re really sorry but don’t worry we will refund the charges. Just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. if you don’t use social media, our Help centre has online chat!

Thanks! 

Hi @Eva_OVO - thanks for your answer!

I have double-checked my profile and I don’t have “Post” selected, just “Email”. It has been like this for a long time. I started receiving paper documents a couple of months ago and thought it was just a glitch but they seem to keep coming. Obviously one of the draws to your company was the green credentials, and so I am hoping that this isn’t the case for a lot of people as it could be a huge amount of wasted paper!

I’m unable to see if I have bee charged for paper billing or not, but will send you an email.

Userlevel 6

It sounds like something has gone wrong here then, @BristolMatt, if you reach out to the team using the methods in my last message then they can certainly help with this and stop sending the statements out in the post. They can also check where paper statement charges have been applied to your account.

I have had another thought, have you signed up for PSR? If you have you could've selected an extra service which means we have to send paper statements. Don’t worry, if this isn’t required we can edit this for you! :) 

There seems to be a couple of errors on my on line account. Firstly you are sending me statements via the regular mail which I’ve never requested, I’ve always received them via email.
Secondly you are sending these letters to my wife. The account has always been in my name.
Thirdly you have stopped sending me emails when my meter readings are due.
I have always had good service from Ovo and moved to you a number of years ago when I got fed up with Scottish powers cock ups and diabolical service, I hope, now that you have become larger you are not going the same way.

Userlevel 6

Hey @BristolMatt

If you have, we’re really sorry but don’t worry we will refund the charges. Just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. if you don’t use social media, our  Help centre has online chat!

Thanks! 

Hey @Tomahawk,

Check out @Eva_OVO’s best answer above, this should help you get sorted. 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 1

I have had this same issue paper billing has started today I got my second one which i have never requested and its in an name which isn’t mine my account is in my name only so now I am getting my usual bill via email plus a paper bill in another name there is no where in my account to turn this off or any other name in my account 

I have requested with online chat to remove this contact that has appeared from no where and to turn this paper billing off it was my second request to do this as last request obviously didn’t work most of all I am confused where this mystery second contact has appeared from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @stevebethere and thanks for raising this on the Forum.

There are two possible reasons that I can think of for you receiving this second (paper) bill. The first is a keying issue when inputting your account data to the new Billing System.

The second is more serious, and can occur when there is a particular type of fraud being attempted by a 3rd party. I’m obviously not gong to explain here how this happens, and it won’t affect you financially! However, you should send an email and alert them of this anomaly.

Ask here again if you need further assistance.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response I have now rang them and they said they are aware of this problem and should be sorted soon :ok_hand: