Solved

Why am I getting different daily charges on my new online account?

• 9 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Since being switched over to the new App my account balance is decreasing every time I log on, apparently by random amounts varying from £4.50 up to £12.00. I go to statements and these amounts are just quoted as being surcharges. Surcharges for what. When will this end? My account was in Surplus by £127.00 on 1st June, now, following switch it is down to £115.00 and decreasing. My billing dates are normally 14th to 15th with DD being made every 15th. It has been this way since 2017 when I started with OVO. What is going on?

icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 10 June 2020, 13:12

Hey @JOCK55, firstly, welcome to the forum, and thanks for getting involved!

As for your question, this is one of the benefits of the new system. When we receive any new information, we can instantly update your balance, so the information is as up to date as can be.

You’ll still receive a monthly summary, however, so if you find it easier, you can just look at these to understand your charges.

There’s loads of really helpful info to help you navigate the new system, and take advantage of all of the new features here.

Thanks,

Ed

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @JOCK55, firstly, welcome to the forum, and thanks for getting involved!

As for your question, this is one of the benefits of the new system. When we receive any new information, we can instantly update your balance, so the information is as up to date as can be.

You’ll still receive a monthly summary, however, so if you find it easier, you can just look at these to understand your charges.

There’s loads of really helpful info to help you navigate the new system, and take advantage of all of the new features here.

Thanks,

Ed

I have not submitted any new information, nor do I have a Smart Meter that would supply information. So what information are you getting? I do not like these unexplained charges. I only need to know my monthly consumption and monthly charge.

Userlevel 5

That’s odd, @JOCK55.

In that case, it’s worth getting in touch with us directly, so that we can take a look at your account and help understand what’s going on.

You can send us a message on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Thanks,

Ed

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @JOCK55 … and please let us know here how this gets resolved.

The new feature within the Billing System which allows daily accounting is an important step forward. It allows OVO to offer a variable-tariff at some future point. Such a Time Of Use tariff means that customers choose what time of day they want to consume energy, according to its price or the fuel-mix.

Some customers will use that feature to store energy when the cost is lower. Others will opt for more renewable sources in their mix.

Variable tariffs will be optional. And you are still free not to have a Smart Meter. The Billing System must accommodate all types of tariff.

I realise that this seems to have gone wrong for you. But rest-assured that it’s a feature which many other customers are eagerly awaiting.