Solved

What to do if you have a smart electric meter with Boost (PAYG) and a traditional gas meter with OVO?

• 8 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I moved in 3 weeks ago, tried set up account which tell me to choose electricity and gas I did it, and my online account wasnt created proply. I cant do anything on it. Also I got email from boost comapny that my electric is top up. But my gas is in ovo with meter readings. What can I do, if I cant choose just gas on website to set up my account. 

icon

Best answer by Transparent 8 April 2020, 19:47

Updated on 10/04/20: please be advised that as all non emergency appointments have been cancelled, OVO will not be able to fit a smart gas meter. Please reach out to the OVO social media team to get an account set up for your gas meter here. Please reach out to the Boost social media team to get your smart electric account set up, here

Hi @Beata and thanks for posting your question.

You have arrived on the OVO Forum where we provide answers and responses to customers with Pay-Monthly tariffs.

Since your electricity is a top-up meter (Pay-As-You-Go), you need to head over to the Boost Forum where you’ll find fellow customers who have the experience to provide the advice you’re after.

It’s quite likely that there is already a Topic there about how to handle a different type of payment for gas-only. If you can’t find it, then post the question there.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 10/04/20: please be advised that as all non emergency appointments have been cancelled, OVO will not be able to fit a smart gas meter. Please reach out to the OVO social media team to get an account set up for your gas meter here. Please reach out to the Boost social media team to get your smart electric account set up, here

Hi @Beata and thanks for posting your question.

You have arrived on the OVO Forum where we provide answers and responses to customers with Pay-Monthly tariffs.

Since your electricity is a top-up meter (Pay-As-You-Go), you need to head over to the Boost Forum where you’ll find fellow customers who have the experience to provide the advice you’re after.

It’s quite likely that there is already a Topic there about how to handle a different type of payment for gas-only. If you can’t find it, then post the question there.

But it looks I have problem with the Ovo Energy. I have pay as you go electric meter, but gas is traditional meter. I have account with Boost and they gave me card number for toppings. But problem is on your side, that I got letter from you to set up account but when I did it its possible to choose gas and electric together. Which is wrong, because it will be just gas from Ovo energy. Just want to say as well that everything was like that when I moved in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi again @Beata 

May I just clarify… here on the Forum we are not OVO. We are fellow customers. Forum membership isn’t even limited to being an OVO customer. Two of our most active correspondents actually get their energy from a rival Supplier.

So we are unable to respond on behalf of OVO. Moreover their Customer Services Team do not even monitor what we write here.

On this side of the Forum we have no experience with Top-Up meters. And for that reason we also wouldn’t encounter anyone else who has one Top-Up meter and one which isn’t.

That’s why I suggested that you head over to the Boost Forum and ask the question there.

Ok, thank you.