Solved

What is the latest process for resetting my online account password? I don't get sent an email anymore

I cannot access my account to submit meter readings.  It will not send me a new password.  It is as though I don’t exist and there is no telephone number to ring.  I joined Ovo Energy several years ago for the supposedly good service but this is dire.  I will look at moving supplier.

icon

Best answer by fire42 22 June 2020, 11:13

Updated on 22/06/20: Please see this tutorial on how to fix login issues with your new online account!

spoke to CS...apparently the reset request should open a page on which you change the p/w..not instigate an email request

escalated to IT by adviser....experience with them is poor...took weeks to sort out email issue at beginning🙄

not hopeful

Dave

View original

21 replies

Tried to get into my account today to give my meter readings.  Got a message to say I’d been transferred to a new online account and to imput my email address.  It then said I’d been sent an email to change my password.  Still waiting for it to come through some three hours later despite filling in the information several times!!!  Why am I getting this message and how do I get into my account?

Same for me. I tried yesterday, and again today.

Please sort this out Ovo!

I would also Like to know why I did not receive an email informing me that the system would be changing? 

As OVO already had my email address why did I have to imput it when I normally use my OVO ID number to log in?  Being a cynical --- it appears OVO have changed their on line platform without informing customers.  By entering our email are we confirming our acceptance of new rules which we are not even privvy to? 

My internet provider changed its platform in Sept 2018 (they did send an email saying I didn’t have to do anything) but since then myself and 300+ of their customers (their figure but looking at the forum I believe it to be more) have been unable to access their bills!!!

I sincerely hope OVO is not going the same way and trust I will not be  penalized for not entering my meter readings this month through no fault of my own?

i too have the same problem. 

could someone from OVO please respond?

Userlevel 1

yep...me too

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem.  Still waiting for a password reset link since yesterday afternoon.  Another estimated bill this month.  Last month they were updating the app and I couldn’t submit my readings then either.  They’ve gone rubbish. Thinking of changing supplier after 4 years.    Poor communication.

Same for me. Says to change password but when requesting a reset I get no email from them. Been with OVO for many years, I’ve never missed entering meter readings once. Looks like this might be the first time through no fault of mine. Get this sorted out ASAP so I can submit my readings and go on with my life without all this additional hassle!!! :angry:  

Userlevel 1

Updated on 22/06/20: Please see this tutorial on how to fix login issues with your new online account!

spoke to CS...apparently the reset request should open a page on which you change the p/w..not instigate an email request

escalated to IT by adviser....experience with them is poor...took weeks to sort out email issue at beginning🙄

not hopeful

Dave

Userlevel 1

I did get that page to change my password which I did, but then took me to another page to request a link which never came.  Did this several times and hey I’m still waiting.  Apparently people answering emails 7 days a week!! What a joke!!

Userlevel 1

I got through by phone quite quick gave my readings and raised issue....it'll get sent to IT no doubt. There shouldnt be an email with a link, just a password change page, so no waiting for emails etc. It wont change unless you raise it directly...try calling them

Dave 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Oh no… this sounds ‘horrible @Enaj@obtuse@Hulker :disappointed_relieved:

OVO have indeed changed their Billing Software. They had little choice following a rap on the knuckles from Ofgem after an investigation into incorrect estimated-usage dating back to 2018.

They decided to no longer buy in 3rd-party software, and have spent the last 3 years writing their own. The underlying strategy is excellent and allows the company to offer Time Of Use tariffs at some future point in time.

The current issue you are reporting is down to problems with migrating historic accounts across to the new Billing System. If the data format isn’t acceptable to the new software, then it needs massaging into place.

A typical example might be the use of a password or email format that is no longer “acceptable”.

Being asked to re-register and enter a (new) password is an obvious solution. It makes absolutely no difference to the Terms & Conditions of your existing Contract.

In the meantime, if you have difficulty entering readings using your Online Account, then you could simply email them and have Customer Services get them entered on your behalf.

Userlevel 1

Just received my password reset email from OVO to be then told the link had expired and to request another. Brilliant!!

@Denz my original request emails failed when they arrived just now but I requested another and that arrived very quickly and allowed me to access my account. So all seems to be good now and try resquesting again I suggest. Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sorry to hear of these problems. 

@William Kinread- the main issues do indeed seem to be with customer accounts that have been with OVO for many years.

The programmers are working hard to resolve several issues with the software that migrates across your data from the old system.

Some problems are now reported as “fixed” but it will still take several days to retrieve the missing data.

Userlevel 1

mine is now sorted...thanks

Userlevel 1

Yes I’ve done the same as you now so all sorted finally!!

Userlevel 7

Lots of you had this same issue it looks like, thanks for posting @William Kinread @fire42 @Denz @sunnyjay79 @Hulker @Enaj @obtuse 

Here’s a good guide on fixing login issues with your online account. If anyone’s still having issues, it would be great to hear if this guide helps you find a fix…

Can I get a show of hands from who got this working in the end, and how? We can make this a good go-to topic for others in a similar position…. 

Userlevel 1

It just worked normally today.  Maybe there was a fault with your online processover the weekend. 

Thank you all.  I’ve just gone through the whole process again and the email for password reset arrived immediately.  (Perhaps the system gets weekends off!).

However, in these times of on line scams it would have been courteous of OVO to email its customers to let them know what was going on and to expect possible glitches.  Something to think about for Customer Services?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I tend to agree @Enaj. The new Billing System is needlessly getting bad press because 90% of the time it gets mentioned here on the Forum it’s because something’s gone wrong.

It’s as if OVO Marketing Dept have become extremely social distant :wink:

I can see a number of benefits in the new software. It’s a lot more adventurous than merely addressing the issues which Ofgem objected to three years ago.

We really need a Briefing Topic from OVO that gives an overview of the approach they’ve taken, and how future tariffs and technology can be built onto this foundation.

@Tim_OVO would you be prepared to feed this back to the Project Manager?

Userlevel 7

@Tim_OVOwould you be prepared to feed this back to the Project Manager?

We are reporting topics that relate to specific online portal issues and feedback. So this very active topic is a brilliant example, and will be passed on this week!

We’re also working to improve this feedback loop, so that known issues and their developments are fed back to members of this community faster, and more accurately. Watch this space, and keep using this space for your feedback!

:robot: