Solved

Viewing PDF Bills in the OVO Energy app on Android 10 blocks Full Screen Gestures - bug report

• 16 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi,

This is another bug that I came across last night while playing with my phone. Here’s the details:

What’s the problem?

Viewing PDF Bills in the OVO Energy app on Android 10 blocks the use of Full Screen Gestures like Back

How do I make it happen?

1. Enable Full Screen Navigation Gestures in your device settings
  2. Launch the OVO Energy app
  3. Bring up a PDF version of your bill/statement
  4. Try to use the “Back” navigation gesture

What should happen when I do this?

I should be able to back out of this view and return to the main part of the app

What happens instead?

I remain “trapped” in the same place

Is there anything else that you think might be useful to know?

Yes. Since Full Screen Navigation Gestures are a new feature introduced in Android 10, this bug is only possible in Android 10 onwards via this method. However, it also seems to affect the Back button in general as well, so this might not be limited to gestures only.

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 23 November 2020, 12:41

Quick update on this bug report is that we’ve been able to quickly and easily raise this as bug ticket last week. Our developers will be working on this, so thanks for the great spot and report!

:sunglasses:

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Thanks @Blastoise186 

It’s been flagged to our app devs. As always I’ll be back with an update if/when I get one!

:robot:

Userlevel 7

Quick update on this bug report is that we’ve been able to quickly and easily raise this as bug ticket last week. Our developers will be working on this, so thanks for the great spot and report!

:sunglasses:

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thanks!

You never want to trap the user into being unable to back out as it makes for a bad user experience. But it won’t be long until I break the app again…

I’ll be back...