News

Unable to see your daily usage on your online account? We've fixed it!

Unable to see your daily usage on your online account? We've fixed it!
Userlevel 6

If you’re on our new billing platform, you may have noticed that you’ve not been able to view your daily electricity usage.

The issue has now been fixed, however, you won’t be able to see your electricity usage yet due to a lag. 

This will be sorted soon, thanks for bearing with us! 

10 replies

So guys, why don’t all the days of the month get included in the month view of usage?

Take this month so far. 

The app shows usage for May 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9, but not 6 and 8.

it missed dates in April as well.

Odd!

Userlevel 6

It sounds like you could be effected by the issue in this topic, @ColtonCameron, this should be sorted soon. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That’s a very bold statement to suggest that the issue is fixed, @Amy_OVO !

The reports of missing data here on the Forum weren’t just about electricity, and were in different locations (online, App and IHD).

Some customers are reporting years of missing data after migrating to the new Billing System.

Others are noticing several days missing, which then seems to automatically correct itself… until it goes wrong again a couple of weeks later. :thinking:

I would find it hard to believe that all these varying symptoms are now addressed by the one fix which has been applied!

I’ve also noticed something else interesting about the Online Usage.

If it’s the gas readings which have been missing for a few days, when the system recovers, the usage over that period gets assigned equally across those days:

data was missing for 2nd, 3rd & 4th of May

But electricity is treated differently. When the data is recovered/restored, the actual readings are applied to those days when it was missing.

In neither case does this affect the Half-hour usage data. These are always properly displayed as a line graph (even on days when the monthly histogram has no gas reading!). Bizarre!

Cant see any daily gas usage in the app, is this supposed to be fixed. Electricity daily usage is displaying fine. What do I do, wait?

Userlevel 7

Cant see any daily gas usage in the app, is this supposed to be fixed. Electricity daily usage is displaying fine. What do I do, wait?

Ahhh that’s annoying @Ovomalv 

Can you share a screenshot of this? Would be good to compare….

I’d also suggest you reach out to our support team so it can be logged that this issue is still ongoing: we’re on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Ovomalv and welcome here to the Forum.

I think we’d need a bit more information before any of us could deduce what’s happening.

As you’re looking for daily gas usage, let’s assume that you have Smart Meters. Do you know the installation date and whether they are the earlier SMETS1 or the later SMETS2 variety?

Do you have both gas and electricity being displayed on your In Home Device?

Is it just on the App that gas data is missing, or also when you look at your Online Account Usage?

Have you ever seen a daily breakdown of gas usage? And if so, when did it cease to function?

That’ll do for starters. :slight_smile:

It would also help us if you could fill out your Forum Profile page. Thanks.

Many thanks for the swift reply.

I do have smart meters but I must admit I don’t know if they are SMETs1 or SMETS2 (how would I know). The gas meter was replaced not so long ago, so I’m guessing a later model.

By “In home Device” I guess you mean the Pipit 500.

On this (having just looked) I can see a daily graph, but no hourly Figures for Gas or Electric.

My android Ovo app shows hourly figures for Electricity but not gas. (sorry this usage data is currently not available)

When I look at the Online Account the gas daily figures are missing there also.

To be honest I can't remember when or if I last saw the daily gas figures.

I’m now off to fill in the profile page

Thanks @Tim_OVO  

Here’s a couple of screenshots from the app

If I reach out to the support team do I compromise my “no contact” bonus?

Cheers

Userlevel 7

If I reach out to the support team do I compromise my “no contact” bonus?

Thanks for this, @Ovomalv 

Super handy to confirm - looks like the same issue as described above. You will not lose your ‘Self Serve Reward’ by reaching out to our Support teams, a) This reward will no longer be active from July and b) as this is an issue that you can’t ‘self serve’ yourself, it wouldn’t be treated as a failed self serve. So reach out to us using those channels suggested above :) 

Will do, thanks for your help.