Solved

New to OVO - how to log in to the online account for the first time as I can't find my OVO ID?

• 3 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello

My eldery mother has recently switched to Ovo but has struggled to understand what needs to be done and how she can manage her account.  She has had a 15 page pack sent through with a customer number but no Ovo ID (from what I can gather)

How is she able to create an online account so she can check her service and raise queries etc?

As she was getting nowhere with the customer service team she called back to cancel and she was told that she was unable to do so.  Her switch date is the 7th of September so she must be covered by some form of 14 day cooling off period.  That said, she is happy to remain a customer and switch providing she can get to her account.  She doesnt appear to be able to find an OvO ID which the website says is required for registration.

She has a customer ID though

Can anyone help or can customer services explain why she is unable to cancel prior to her switch date?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jequinlan 4 September 2020, 10:15

Updated on 04/09/20: 

How do I sign into the online account?

It’s super easy – you just need your OVO ID or email address. If you have (or have had) multiple accounts with us, it’s best to always use your OVO ID rather than your email address.

You’ll find your OVO ID on your welcome letter or email, or at the top of any of your statements. If you’ve logged in before and already know your password, you’ll only need to do ‘step 1’.

Step 1: Get to your My OVO energy account

To log in directly, visit https://my.ovoenergy.com/

You can also log in from the OVO homepage – take a look in the top right corner for the button that says ‘My OVO’.

Step 2: Set up a password

Look underneath the big 'Log in' button. Find the link that says ‘First time logging in?’, and click it.

Step 3: Give your email address

Type in your email address and click ‘Submit’. If you’ve got more than one OVO account, we might ask for your OVO ID too.

Step 4: Check your email

We’ll send you an email with a link to set your password – open it, create your password, and you’re in. The email is from 'no-reply@ovoenergy.com' – and the subject line will be 'My OVO password change request'.

It’s important that you set your password within 30 minutes, as the link will expire. If you don’t get an email straight away, it’s worth checking your ‘spam’ folder. If you’re a Gmail user, it may also be filtered into your ‘promotions’ folder.

Step 5: Sign in whenever you like

That’s it. You’ve got access to your online account. It’s easy to use wherever you are, on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.

HI @PatWard43 in order to login to the website and account the OvoID I use (and always seems to be registered is my email address I used to signup) The Account number should be available on emails or documentation, however, if you cannot find it, I recommend the Facebook Messenger chat to Ovo as they are excellent and will be able to help locate it for you using address and other security details. They may also be able to talk you through the registration of creating a password etc.

OVO are a fantastic energy supplier and, whilst getting going can be a little of a challenge with any new company, the App is excellent and insights into energy and bills is probably the best I have seen.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

I spoke to my mother this morning and she does not have an OVO ID anywhere on the documentation 

I am very surprised to hear that the welcome email didn’t outline the customer details, including the account number and OVO ID. It should. Are you able to get access to this and check? Better yet, share a screenshot of the top of the welcome email here?

has not provided an email to OVO for correspondence

It’s my understanding that an email address is needed to log in to the online account. An email address is usually provided at sign up. If it wasn’t, the email your mother sent won’t be linked to an account, so I worry that the agent is going to be limited when it’s picked up next week. 

I would recommend your mother calling us today, or using web chat today, to get this sorted: 0330 303 5063. 

Hello

I spoke to my mother this morning and she does not have an OVO ID anywhere on the documentation and has not provided an email to OVO for correspondence so we’re not getting anywhere

My mother has since tried to contact OVO on facebook using my account but they wont deal with her on there either as she doesnt have her own FB account,

She also emailed OVO last night but is yet to receive a reply.

I have switched suppliers many times in the past and its never been this difficult - companies need to remember that not everyone has access to technology and is able to comprehend what is required of them - OVO should be doing more to help

I will suggest that my mother waits for an email reply

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@PatWard43 also worth mentioning if you have any other questions or queries energy related at all this forum is an excellent resource and a welcoming group of people! :) anyrhing from energy saving, reducing carbon, understanding bills and issues, EV cars, it is all here! Welcome!

Userlevel 7

Hi @PatWard43 

See the info above for a complete guide on logging in for the first time. 

If you look for that welcome email, it should state your supply start date, and your cooling off period. This is usually 10 days. As the switch date is the 7th, it’s likely these 10 days have been missed. 

Hopefully you (or your mother) can now login successfully, and you might have a change in heart about switching. Could you come back and let us know if you’ve been able to log in, and if you’re going to stick around? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Updated on 04/09/20: 

How do I sign into the online account?

It’s super easy – you just need your OVO ID or email address. If you have (or have had) multiple accounts with us, it’s best to always use your OVO ID rather than your email address.

You’ll find your OVO ID on your welcome letter or email, or at the top of any of your statements. If you’ve logged in before and already know your password, you’ll only need to do ‘step 1’.

Step 1: Get to your My OVO energy account

To log in directly, visit https://my.ovoenergy.com/

You can also log in from the OVO homepage – take a look in the top right corner for the button that says ‘My OVO’.

Step 2: Set up a password

Look underneath the big 'Log in' button. Find the link that says ‘First time logging in?’, and click it.

Step 3: Give your email address

Type in your email address and click ‘Submit’. If you’ve got more than one OVO account, we might ask for your OVO ID too.

Step 4: Check your email

We’ll send you an email with a link to set your password – open it, create your password, and you’re in. The email is from 'no-reply@ovoenergy.com' – and the subject line will be 'My OVO password change request'.

It’s important that you set your password within 30 minutes, as the link will expire. If you don’t get an email straight away, it’s worth checking your ‘spam’ folder. If you’re a Gmail user, it may also be filtered into your ‘promotions’ folder.

Step 5: Sign in whenever you like

That’s it. You’ve got access to your online account. It’s easy to use wherever you are, on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.

HI @PatWard43 in order to login to the website and account the OvoID I use (and always seems to be registered is my email address I used to signup) The Account number should be available on emails or documentation, however, if you cannot find it, I recommend the Facebook Messenger chat to Ovo as they are excellent and will be able to help locate it for you using address and other security details. They may also be able to talk you through the registration of creating a password etc.

OVO are a fantastic energy supplier and, whilst getting going can be a little of a challenge with any new company, the App is excellent and insights into energy and bills is probably the best I have seen.