Solved

New to OVO - how do I access my online account?

• 16 August 2018
  • 1 reply

How do I register to my account online. I have clicked fist time logging in, submitted email address and nothing......
Have I missed a trick?

icon

Best answer by NinjaGeek 16 August 2018, 10:54

Updated on 29/10/20: the info in this update box was taken from this topic:
​​​​​​

How do I sign into the online account?

It’s super easy – you just need your OVO ID or email address. If you have (or have had) multiple accounts with us, it’s best to always use your OVO ID rather than your email address.

You’ll find your OVO ID on your welcome letter or email, or at the top of any of your statements. If you’ve logged in before and already know your password, you’ll only need to do ‘step 1’.

Step 1: Get to your My OVO energy account

To log in directly, visit https://my.ovoenergy.com/

You can also log in from the OVO homepage – take a look in the top right corner for the button that says ‘My OVO’.

Step 2: Set up a password

Look underneath the big 'Log in' button. Find the link that says ‘First time logging in?’, and click it.

Step 3: Give your email address

Type in your email address and click ‘Submit’. If you’ve got more than one OVO account, we might ask for your OVO ID too.

Step 4: Check your email

We’ll send you an email with a link to set your password – open it, create your password, and you’re in. The email is from 'no-reply@ovoenergy.com' – and the subject line will be 'My OVO password change request'.

It’s important that you set your password within 30 minutes, as the link will expire. If you don’t get an email straight away, it’s worth checking your ‘spam’ folder. If you’re a Gmail user, it may also be filtered into your ‘promotions’ folder.

Step 5: Sign in whenever you like

That’s it. You’ve got access to your online account. It’s easy to use wherever you are, on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.

Good morning @Lottie911 and welcome to the OVO family!

Ok, so if you have already input an email address. I would assume you have already received an email with your OVO tariff details?

Do you see forgot password? Or reset password in the login area? If so, if you click on that. This will send a password reset link to your emails and from there you should be able to get into your account after creating a new password. The link will only be valid for 30 mins, so if you aren’t able to reset it in this time, you might need to send yourself another one. 

Hopefully, this topic will help you 🙂

Have a splendid day!

Matt

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 29/10/20: the info in this update box was taken from this topic:
​​​​​​

How do I sign into the online account?

It’s super easy – you just need your OVO ID or email address. If you have (or have had) multiple accounts with us, it’s best to always use your OVO ID rather than your email address.

You’ll find your OVO ID on your welcome letter or email, or at the top of any of your statements. If you’ve logged in before and already know your password, you’ll only need to do ‘step 1’.

Step 1: Get to your My OVO energy account

To log in directly, visit https://my.ovoenergy.com/

You can also log in from the OVO homepage – take a look in the top right corner for the button that says ‘My OVO’.

Step 2: Set up a password

Look underneath the big 'Log in' button. Find the link that says ‘First time logging in?’, and click it.

Step 3: Give your email address

Type in your email address and click ‘Submit’. If you’ve got more than one OVO account, we might ask for your OVO ID too.

Step 4: Check your email

We’ll send you an email with a link to set your password – open it, create your password, and you’re in. The email is from 'no-reply@ovoenergy.com' – and the subject line will be 'My OVO password change request'.

It’s important that you set your password within 30 minutes, as the link will expire. If you don’t get an email straight away, it’s worth checking your ‘spam’ folder. If you’re a Gmail user, it may also be filtered into your ‘promotions’ folder.

Step 5: Sign in whenever you like

That’s it. You’ve got access to your online account. It’s easy to use wherever you are, on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.

Good morning @Lottie911 and welcome to the OVO family!

Ok, so if you have already input an email address. I would assume you have already received an email with your OVO tariff details?

Do you see forgot password? Or reset password in the login area? If so, if you click on that. This will send a password reset link to your emails and from there you should be able to get into your account after creating a new password. The link will only be valid for 30 mins, so if you aren’t able to reset it in this time, you might need to send yourself another one. 

Hopefully, this topic will help you 🙂

Have a splendid day!

Matt