Solved

My online account daily usage section hasn't updated but I have smart meters - what is issue?

Show first post

56 replies

Userlevel 7

This is very interesting, 

There is an obvious difference in the (all be it small amount of) gas usage for the 20th, compared to that day in July, not just AM but PM. But one day’s comparison, we’ll need to look at this with a few more days to get a better picture together. It’s so useful to have this online… just temped to make it (yet another) new topic. 

One thing to point out for now is it’s a user interface change. The data, based on readings, shouldn’t be effected. 

Have you noticed the comparison between periods is now different? We’re getting mixed feedback about this as well, but the change was apparently made as “the former line graph was confusing due to the mixed nature of bar and line chart together”, so it seems like it's a tricky one to get right from a visual point of view. 

New method of usage comparison display

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Well the good news is:- my IHD now tells me it’s 22:55.

The bad news is, I don’t know which day… nor why the afternoon sun is still shining. Yes, I live in the Westcountry, but it’s not that far west!

The IHD has no HAN symbol on the display (as we’d expect, since it isn’t communicating). So I went to look at the Comms Hub, but the HAN indicator is still on slow-flash, which it should be if you’re still receiving gas readings of course.

Whilst at the meter-box, I noticed something else…

… or, more correctly, I didn’t notice something else:

Woe is me - I am undone !

Returning to the strange pattern of gas usage, I’ve just manually checked the daily reading (used for billing) against the sum of the HH readings for each day over the past week:

That seems to be within the margins of error for such low daily usage.

I really can’t spent time doing this check across further days because I’ll be manually adding 48 readings per day.

However, I have a solution.

I still have here a brand new CAD IHD which we never got paired.

If we did now pair it with my Comms Hub and my WiFi, would it enable me to extract usage data from the relevant memory locations in a format where they could be passed to a spreadsheet?

Or do I have an over-optimistic expectation of what the CAD version might do?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hmmm - @Tim_OVO ‘s gone quiet.

Perhaps I’ve finally induced a stack-overflow within his cerebral processor by putting too much technical information in one Post. :wink:

This morning my IHD tells me it’s 20:14. Perhaps it thinks that’s the year

Userlevel 7

Well the good news is:- my IHD now tells me it’s 22:55.

The bad news is, I don’t know which day… nor why the afternoon sun is still shining. Yes, I live in the Westcountry, but it’s not that far west!

:joy:

This morning my IHD tells me it’s 20:14. Perhaps it thinks that’s the year

:rofl:

The IHD has no HAN symbol on the display (as we’d expect, since it isn’t communicating). So I went to look at the Comms Hub, but the HAN indicator is still on slow-flash, which it should be if you’re still receiving gas readings of course.

From my excellently made SMETS IHD guide:

Is the IHD showing the correct time?

If it's not showing the correct time, the IHD is not paired. See that guide above for info on how to pair it, @Transparent - it varies depending on the model. And before you ask, I don’t know why a previously paired IHD can become unpaired. Anyone else fancy a fruit cocktail? :pear::pear::pear:

Userlevel 7

Whilst at the meter-box, I noticed something else…

… or, more correctly, I didn’t notice something else:

Woe is me - I am undone !

This is a concern, is that the service head? And have you tampered? We might need to do something about this….. let me check.

As for a CAD, was this provided to you by the engineer that fitted the SMETS2 smart meter? Any chance of a photo so I can pass it on and confirm if it’s actually going to work with your meter. I didn’t think we did them anymore….

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That’s the top of the Service Fuse @Tim_OVO.

I didn’t check it after the last (3rd) Installation Engineer came here (Nov ‘19?). Have a look at his final photo if you want to check.

No, I haven’t tampered.

a: I don’t need to pull the Service Fuse to access the Consumer Unit because I have a separate 100A Double-pole breaker in situ.

b: If I’d removed power from the Comms Hub, you would’ve received an Alarm Notification via DCC… which you would’ve responded to, of course!

I don’t need you to send an engineer here just to fit the cord and seal. I’m on first-name terms with the Area Technical Manager of my DNO. I’ll ask him to call in on his way home from his office at my Primary Sub-station, less than a mile away.

The CAD was sent to me by Ben. He just never got around to calling me to get it paired!