Solved

My account is stuck at set up / switch stage but I switched to OVO months ago - why?

• 5 October 2020
  • 4 replies

My online account is stuck at the switch stage and has been for a few months now.

I don’t have full access and I still cant access the meter readings, payments or usage menu tabs.

The app doesn’t allow me access either.

Does anyone know why this may be the case?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 6 October 2020, 17:16

Thanks for sharing, @wjh83 

I wonder if your account is in the process of being upgraded to the new billing system. As @Jequinlan advises, reach out to the Support team and they will be able to see a note on your account to confirm if this is correct. 

Then pop back over here so we can get a ‘best answer’ made! 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Thanks for posting, @wjh83 

A few questions to help us work out what’s happening:

When was the supply start date with OVO? If it was within the last 6 weeks, this is normal. See this guide for more info. 

Have you had a final bill from your old supplier?

Can you send us a screenshot of what you see when you try to log in?

Hi @Tim_OVO

Thanks for replying.

My supply started about 11 months ago and I went through the stage of switching and the account was initially fine and I could see all my billing info etc…

I had a smart meters fitted approx 5 months ago and again all was fine - I was able to view meter data, daily usage etc...

However, It has now reverted back to the welcome screen below and wont allow me to access any account functions

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @wjh83 ,

It looks like you will need the contact centre to get someone to look at the back end of account setup here. 

Thankfully there are many ways of contacting them:

they are on FacebookTwitter and their Help Centre has online chat!

Userlevel 7

Thanks for sharing, @wjh83 

I wonder if your account is in the process of being upgraded to the new billing system. As @Jequinlan advises, reach out to the Support team and they will be able to see a note on your account to confirm if this is correct. 

Then pop back over here so we can get a ‘best answer’ made!