Solved

Logged in to the 'new online experience', why is my old closed account still there?

• 1 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I was upgraded to the new experience yesterday. For background info  I left Ovo in September 19 and came back in March 20. As my old account from Sept 19 still exists I would always log in with my new customer number to ensure I see only the new account. Since the upgrade I can only log in with my email address but, by doing so, both the account closed in September 19 and the current one are displayed. I can switch between the two but there’s a message on both saying that my account will close shortly! I can’t find a way to change the email address on my old account so it looks like the two accounts have been merged together in some way. I’m not leaving Ovo so I need to ensure that the system knows this and so doesn’t close my account.. I know I can’t contact Ovo by phone so does anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 2 July 2020, 16:37

Welcome to the forum, @Ian S, this is a bit of an odd one, as your previous account should be closed. The new billing platform allows the switch between multiple accounts more info here. You can find info on how to change your email here.

Please pop the team a message, they’ll need to raise this to the tech team. You can send us a message on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

I’ve added some tags and changed your topic title to help other members find this handy post!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Welcome to the forum, @Ian S, this is a bit of an odd one, as your previous account should be closed. The new billing platform allows the switch between multiple accounts more info here. You can find info on how to change your email here.

Please pop the team a message, they’ll need to raise this to the tech team. You can send us a message on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

I’ve added some tags and changed your topic title to help other members find this handy post!