Solved

I've Moved Into An OVO Supplied Property and Signed Up - Why Can't I Get Access To My Account?

• 7 July 2020
  • 5 replies

I completed the moving in registration over a week ago and never received any confirmation emails from OVO. The property is already supplied by OVO so does not require a transfer period. I completed this form again today in the hope to get some light of account set up and meter readings put in. 

I have also tried to login and it lets me set my password but once logged in, it says a problem has occured or they cannot find my details.

I need access to an account to put in meter readings and pay, however I do not understand why this is an impossible task and I have double checked my emails and junk folder and received no communication.

icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 7 July 2020, 16:20

@Karenzajd Hi there and welcome to the forum!

It sounds like there may have been a problem with your initial attempt to notify us of the move in.

I think you’ve done the right thing signing up again, but if you haven’t heard anything in about 48 hours, it may be worth reaching out to the team.

You can message us on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5

@Karenzajd Hi there and welcome to the forum!

It sounds like there may have been a problem with your initial attempt to notify us of the move in.

I think you’ve done the right thing signing up again, but if you haven’t heard anything in about 48 hours, it may be worth reaching out to the team.

You can message us on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Moved house and opened new OVO account, but for weeks I've not been able to log in! Decided to stay with OVO because of great service, but now not sure!

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi there @twhatmough !

Welcome to the forums. You’re in luck here because I’m a tech expert, so I’ll try to help you out.

How are you trying to login to your account. Is it with the app or website? And also, how long as it been since you signed up? I know of a few bugs in the platform which I’m currently in the process of reporting.

I’ll definitely try to help you out here too

Userlevel 6
Badge

The other thing you might want to try doing, is using the first-time user tool to set your online account up. If you’ve never logged in so far, that tool should get you up and running.

If that doesn’t work, I’m more than happy to try and tackle this one with you, so please keep us updated with how you get on.

Userlevel 7

I’ve moved your comment, @twhatmough - this topic is very similar by the sounds of it. 

But I want to revisit the advice that Ed_OVO gave. 

@Karenzajd do you know what the issue was in the end? Did you complete an online move in, or did that over the phone?

Same question to you, @twhatmough - you need to open an account, but not complete the online sign up. As that is for supplies that aren’t already with OVO. 

In general, if you’re moving home, see this guide on what to do for your energy account at the old place and your new place. We’ve also made a ‘Moving home checklist’ here