Solved

I used Martins Money Tips and have a new contract with OVO do I need to cancel the old one?

• 30 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi

I am with OVO and have had a great experience this year. I have just taken out another contract with them through Martins Money Tips - will this cancel my old contract?

With thanks and hoping you are all safe and well 

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 31 March 2020, 16:46

Hey @sally16123,

As far as I’m aware you can’t renew your contract with us through an energy broker site (comparison or sales website). You normally do this through your online account, here.

It sounds like you’ve tried to start a new switch. As you already have an account with us, this should automatically be cancelled, but you can always give the team a ring to check - 0330 303 5063.

Hope this helps!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @sally16123 

Welcome to the forum!

When you took this new contract out. Were you required to create a new account? Do you know how long you had left on your previous contract? 

Best thing to do would be to call the office on: 0330 303 5063

Regards

Userlevel 6

Hey @sally16123,

As far as I’m aware you can’t renew your contract with us through an energy broker site (comparison or sales website). You normally do this through your online account, here.

It sounds like you’ve tried to start a new switch. As you already have an account with us, this should automatically be cancelled, but you can always give the team a ring to check - 0330 303 5063.

Hope this helps!