Solved

I can't submit my meter readings on the new online account - why is it saying I've already submitted them today?

Please help. I went to enter my monthly reading but it says readings already entered today. The readings are each approx 3000 units higher than they actually are! Hubby doesnt have access to account and the helpline is closed. Has anyone else had this please? 
thanks, I’m frantic 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 1 July 2020, 17:52

Updated on 23/07/20: If you have a smart meter that isn’t sending readings to us, you can now submit them manually. See this topic for more info!

You’re absolutely right, @twitching_badger @Twistedficus @lyndaonemac   @SCR   @MrG  @jpm  @tribpot  @Paul5  - this was an issue yesterday, and it effected multiple members! There’s a similar topic on this here.

This issue is now fixed, and members will need to resubmit any meter readings from yesterday, as these won’t be showing on the online account anymore, as a result of this issue. Here’s the official advice on the issue:

The incorrect read history was displayed online and the app from 11am on 30 June to 9am today (1 July). Reads submitted during this time haven’t been used to update balances due to the same issue. This means that estimates will have been used instead.

If a member contacts us about this, please apologise for any concern and explain that this was caused by a technical issue which has now been resolved. You can also reassure them that their data hasn’t been shared with anyone else. 

Ask for another reading as this will update the account with their current balance.

View original

18 replies

Hi there,

I opened the app today to submit my meter readings and perhaps unwisely accepted the invitation to move to the ‘new account view’. I don’t know if this is related to the problem I then encountered. 

When I went to submit my readings I could see the previous readings in the app were wildly wrong. Assuming it was a problem in the app, I opened the website on my phone and submitted them that way instead.  When I look at the readings on the website, entirely different numbers are shown and every time I hit refresh, a completely different set of numbers is shown instead.

The website is now warning me I should increase my direct debit but I have no idea what this is based on, given the meter readings displayed are just random, changing numbers.

I have just tried to enter my readings via the website and am having exactly the same experience. Random last readings claiming to be entered today. I looked yesterday and all was working as expected so something has changed in the last 24hrs.

@Paul5 I contacted Ovo via Twitter and they said:

I've had a few customers advising of the same issue, so it sounds like a widespread thing. We've raised this to be investigated, so it should be sorted very soon.

I'd recommend checking back in a couple of days, and the issue should be resolved. In the meantime, you can always send the readings here for us to add manually.

I’m glad to have a workaround but it seems very odd. And yes, all these alleged readings appear to have been added today, no meter reading history is visible.

Same here - am on Economy 7 and the ability to enter two meter readings has disappeared.  Said I made a meter reading today (I hadn’t) and random number in there.

Hi, don't panic...yet. you are not alone, I have the same issue as you.

Can't enter a reading and presented by a wildly inaccurate value supposedly submitted today, which if it was, wasn't done by me 

I have logged in and out of the app and website trying to submit a reading and been shown a different reading value on each login.

We are on a two-rate meter so have to give day and night readings but the app and website only show a single incorrect reading.

Looks like yet another Cock-up by OVO to compound the other existing saga that I am having with them following the switch to the new system - I'm now seriously considering switching away if they can't get their act together.

Me too and the gas is 22,000 higher than actual and the electricity 30,000 higher!

I’m panicking. Might need to sell the kids! 
oh wait….:-)

Phew! If it was accurate I couldn’t afford to run even a toaster ;-)

How did you report it please?

Hi, am in the same boat as you unfortunately - can't report it until the support desk opens in the morning.

I guess it's going to affect a few people so we may even get an update on this thread from one of the OVO bods in the morning.

The readings that I have been presented with in the app range from 20000 less than either of  my last day/night readings to over 30000 higher!

One thing I have done is take a photo of the current readings (including the meter number in the picture) just in case it's a massive balls up by OVO.

We’ve had no end of problems with our smart meters over the last year. OVO was just not interested in solving the problem. Not even a meter test.

So we left.. today.

Same problem here, can't submit a new reading and being presented with a single reading of tens of thousands of units too high - as an economy 7 customer there should be 2 readings for me to submit, so I'm not even sure that I'm still on the same tariff...

Userlevel 2

Same problem. Daft readings for gas allegedly given by me yesterday & today. I keep on correcting today’s reading and the system keeps on changing it to a random, higher figure.

Same problem went to enter meter reading and random number came up thousands higher  Kwh than should have been, have sent email to OVO, fingers crossed they get it sorted out quickly, don't want a bill that's going to wipe out my bank account

Userlevel 7

Updated on 23/07/20: If you have a smart meter that isn’t sending readings to us, you can now submit them manually. See this topic for more info!

You’re absolutely right, @twitching_badger @Twistedficus @lyndaonemac   @SCR   @MrG  @jpm  @tribpot  @Paul5  - this was an issue yesterday, and it effected multiple members! There’s a similar topic on this here.

This issue is now fixed, and members will need to resubmit any meter readings from yesterday, as these won’t be showing on the online account anymore, as a result of this issue. Here’s the official advice on the issue:

The incorrect read history was displayed online and the app from 11am on 30 June to 9am today (1 July). Reads submitted during this time haven’t been used to update balances due to the same issue. This means that estimates will have been used instead.

If a member contacts us about this, please apologise for any concern and explain that this was caused by a technical issue which has now been resolved. You can also reassure them that their data hasn’t been shared with anyone else. 

Ask for another reading as this will update the account with their current balance.

This issue is now fixed, and members will need to resubmit any meter readings from yesterday, as these won’t be showing on the online account anymore, as a result of this issue.

The issue is not yet fixed. I have day and night electricity meter readings to submit but the submission page only shows a single input field. Also, it is no longer possible to indicate the date a meter reading was taken as it was previously. I have 30/6 readings but can only input them with today’s date 2/7. 

Userlevel 6

I think your issue is different to the above, @TurnerButtercup, but there is a handy topic here, that will give you the info you need. 

Thanks!

I think your issue is different to the above, @TurnerButtercup, but there is a handy topic here, that will give you the info you need. 

Thanks!

No, that thread is about people who get ‘internal error’ messages when trying to submit readings. I had the same problem as people on this thread with bogus meter reading figures, but that seems to be ok now and the problem now is that my electricity readings only seem to allow for a single meter, not both daytime and nighttime meters.

... the problem now is that my electricity readings only seem to allow for a single meter, not both daytime and nighttime meters.

Problem seems to have been resolved and both readings can now be input.