Solved

I can't remember the email address I used to sign up, how can I login to my online account?

• 30 April 2021
  • 3 replies

We signed up a long time ago when it was under economy energy. But I have no idea what email address was used. 

Is it possible to change the email address for my account?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 30 April 2021, 17:06

Hey there @Julius !

Wow, you’ve been around for a while then! Economy Energy closed down probably a good couple of years ago, so I can understand why you’ve lost the details.

Yep, this may be possible to do, albeit a little more tricky than usual.

As long as you can remember your other account details, it should be possible to get this sorted out. What you’ll want to do is have a chat with the Support Team over the phone and let them know you forgot what email address you’ve got on file. They might be able to remind you and provided you can still access that email account, you can do a Password Reset or First Time Logging In over at MyOVO to get back into your account properly.

If you can’t get into that email account, the Support Team should be able to help you switch the details over to another one as long as they can verify you as the account holder. They’ll walk you what you’ll need to do after that.

Hopefully you’ll get back in, but let us know if you get stuck. :)

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey there @Julius !

Wow, you’ve been around for a while then! Economy Energy closed down probably a good couple of years ago, so I can understand why you’ve lost the details.

Yep, this may be possible to do, albeit a little more tricky than usual.

As long as you can remember your other account details, it should be possible to get this sorted out. What you’ll want to do is have a chat with the Support Team over the phone and let them know you forgot what email address you’ve got on file. They might be able to remind you and provided you can still access that email account, you can do a Password Reset or First Time Logging In over at MyOVO to get back into your account properly.

If you can’t get into that email account, the Support Team should be able to help you switch the details over to another one as long as they can verify you as the account holder. They’ll walk you what you’ll need to do after that.

Hopefully you’ll get back in, but let us know if you get stuck. :)

Userlevel 5

Welcome along, @Julius!

It’s been a couple of years since we took you on, if you were previously an Economy Energy customer, so it’s understandable that you’ve forgotten the email address you registered. 

@Blastoise186  has hit the nail on the head here, so long as you can locate your account details (Full name, Date of birth and address) you’ll be able to check which email address we have registered with the Support Team and change it if needed. Let us know how you get on. We’ve got plenty of community experts on hand here if you need any more help using your online account. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hehehe.

Just as some extra advice actually… If you were moved over to OVO via the Supplier of Last Resort process as a result of Economy Energy shutting down, it might be worth double checking that you’re on the right tariff.

From my understanding, SoLR usually places transferred members onto a specially created “SoLR Tariff” just for that purpose, or the regular Standard Variable tariff (such as Simpler Energy in OVO’s case) so that you’re not locked in and can freely decide whether to stay and pick a proper tariff, or switch to another supplier and have the exit fees waived automatically. Better Energy is the cheapest deal OVO currently offers on a 12 month contract without locking you into smart meters, while the 2 Year Fix is a little more expensive but locks the rates in for longer.