Solved

How long should I wait for a reply to my email to OVO?

I sent an email to Ovo on 19th April and received an auto-response, but have not yet had a reply to my actual query.
How long do I have to wait?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 5 May 2017, 15:22

I sent an email to Ovo on 19th April and received an auto-response, but have not yet had a reply to my actual query.

Ta @Mattj3135!

@Gill B I’m also sorry to hear that you haven’t had a reply to your email. Our response times do vary based on the volume of calls and emails we have to get to. That said, this will tend to be no more then 2 working days. Given that you sent this over two weeks ago, I imagine there’s been some kind of systems issue with this. 

Feel free to send over a Facebook PM instead - the team usually get back to these within the same day! You can also contact us on webchat, via the Help Centre.

Lucy

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Gill B

Welcome to the forum - am sorry to learn you've not received a reply to your email as of yet.

My advice would be to send the OVO team a Private Message either on here or on social media - including your name, address, OVO account number and the email address you sent the email from with a brief explanation to why you're getting in contact.

One of the lovely team will get back to you once you've sent them the PM

@Tim_OVO @Lucy_OVO or @Darran_OVO
Userlevel 5

Ta @Mattj3135!

@Gill B I’m also sorry to hear that you haven’t had a reply to your email. Our response times do vary based on the volume of calls and emails we have to get to. That said, this will tend to be no more then 2 working days. Given that you sent this over two weeks ago, I imagine there’s been some kind of systems issue with this. 

Feel free to send over a Facebook PM instead - the team usually get back to these within the same day! You can also contact us on webchat, via the Help Centre.

Lucy

I have sent Lucy a pm.
Userlevel 6
I have sent Lucy a pm.

Good stuff - I'm sure @Lucy_OVO will respond when she's back in work 🙂

Have a lovely weekend
It has now been 4 days and I have not heard from Lucy. Can someone kindly deal with my query? I am beginning to wonder about your customer service!
Userlevel 6
It has now been 4 days and I have not heard from Lucy. Can someone kindly deal with my query? I am beginning to wonder about your customer service!

Sorry to hear you've yet to hear from @Lucy_OVO - I'm sure she will respond to your PM as soon as possible
Considering that I first contacted OVO on 19th April, and Lucy said to contact her 4 days ago, I'd have thought that she would have ensured that my query was dealt with promptly.
Userlevel 6
Considering that I first contacted OVO on 19th April, and Lucy said to contact her 4 days ago, I'd have thought that she would have ensured that my query was dealt with promptly.

Hi Gill,

Sorry to hear that you've been kept waiting to hear back, please can I ask you to have a little more patients to give @Lucy_OVO time to wade through her inbox - she will get back to you as soon as she can!

In the meantime whilst you await to hear from Lucy, is there anything I or other forum members can help you with?
No. We cannot decide whether to renew our contract until my query has been fully answered.
Userlevel 6
No. We cannot decide whether to renew our contract until my query has been fully answered.

Sorry to hear this - please bare with @Lucy_OVO and she will get back to you at her earliest opportunity.
Userlevel 7
Hi @Gill B

I checked in with @Lucy_OVO on this and I believe she's been in touch with you via PM to help on this.

If you need anything else, please comment and let us know.

Darran

Hi,

After sending an initial enquiry and getting no reply for 48 hours I followed up and finally got a reply. I responded and have not had a reply to that enquiry, despite chasing and also registering a complaint.

Any idea how to get someone from Ovo to get back to me?

Thanks,

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Have you checked the Complaints Procedure ?

Stage-1 is 5 working days.

Stage-2 is 8 weeks.

So if your emailed complaint was more than 5 working days ago, send another email requesting that this issue is treated as being within the 8 week period. Simples!

Hey,

Thanks for your reply :-)

My first email was a query, rather than a complaint, which I then followed up a couple of times. It wasn't until I had not heard anything for nearly 2 weeks that I registered a complaint. I will follow up on the complaint after 5 working days as you suggest but I would like to get my initial query responded to in less than 8 weeks.

Thanks,

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I have spoken to a manager within OVO who tells me that they have a protocol to classify some communications to Customer Support as complaints even if the customer did not actually specify it as a complaint within the correspondence.

I think “common sense” prevails here. But it would certainly bring greater clarity if you put the word Complaint within the Subject line and at the start of any emails.

And today (Thurs 2nd Jan) is a “working day” within OVO’s definition because I’ve just met one of their meter installers on-site!

OVO have an excellent record for dealing with customer complaints. I’d be amazed if they didn’t resolve your issue well before the 8-week deadline for Stage-2.

Ok so I'm a bit confused - when I email Ovo the automated response acknowledging that they have received my email says they'll reply to me in 48 hours, however what you're saying is that they may decide that my query is actually a complaint in which case it will take 5 working days for them to come back to me as stage 1 (instead of 48 hours) and then potentially a further 8 weeks for them to resolve the query as stage 2?

Either way it seems like pretty poor service thusfar, as the complaints procedure says things may take more than 5 working days but that they'll keep in touch, whereas I have heard nothing from them for around 2 weeks now, when they replied 3 days after my initial query.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes, I too am puzzled as to why OVO’s auto-acknowledgement states that you can expect a 48-hour response time. That may be their internal target set for Customer Support Staff, but has little to do with the time-frames within the official Complaints Procedure, which has been agreed in consultation with Ofgem.

How long it takes OVO to resolve an issue obviously depends on the nature of the complaint, and how accurate us customers are in identifying the problem.

In your case I think OVO’s system will note that you have indeed received a response within the initial 5-day window. So your follow-up email doesn’t need to generate a second response. You are effectively now within the 8-week period, particularly so as you have sent in an email identifying this as a complaint.

Userlevel 6

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t get a reply to your email, @CellarDoorChris, has this been resolved now? If not, send us a message on Facebook with your name, DoB and account number we’d be more than happy to help with this. 

When you send an email, the team will aim to reply within 48 hours. Due to the date the email was sent and the office closures, there could’ve been a slight backlog causing a delay.

All emails sent to us are sent to our Customer Care team if the email is outlining a complaint, the agent will get in touch to try and resolve this, if they can’t it will be passed to a team leader who will then try to resolve the issue. If it can’t be resolved, the complaint will be passed to the Complaints team. This is where the 5 working day time frame @Transparent  is referring to comes in. 

Still waiting for a reply to my emails on teh 19th Jan and 5th Feb. When I have called, I am on hold for ages and give up…

Please can someone respond.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @paulc1 and welcome to the Forum! :slight_smile:

Firstly, OVO Customer Services do not monitor what is written here. Although there are Moderators to police our messages, this Forum is where customers can help each other and discuss topics of mutual interest.

As we don’t know what you’re trying to contact OVO about, I’m at a bit of a loss as to how we might be able to help.

I do think you were right to try emailing because your message can then be forwarded to the most appropriate person. A telephone call means that you simply talk to the first available operator.

In the last couple of years I have spoken on the phone to Customer Services with mixed results. On one occasion I spoke to a lady who I believe is the longest-serving member of that team. She couldn’t directly answer my question, but she quickly understood what it was about and provided me with confidence that I would receive a comprehensive response (which I did).

And on another occasion I spoke to someone straight out of training, who was 1 hour into their first shift on the telephones!

I’d suggest you send another email, stating that you haven’t yet received responses to your emails of 19jan and 05feb, and repeating the original question.

That will put you in the position where you can proceed to the Complaints Procedure should it prove necessary to do so.

I suspect your email will get escalated towards the top of the queue. OVO actually have a very high score for resolving complaints!