Solved

How do I add someone to my OVO account?

• New Member*
  • 0 replies

How do I add someone to my account so that they can speak to OVO too?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 31 May 2017, 13:19

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi @CC1 welcome to the forum & thanks for posting.

It's not as straight forward as we would hope for you to do this; there's a handy section on the ovo website covering this which you can find here:https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/statements/can-i-add-someone-to-my-account.html 

I hope the above helps you in the right direction, please do let us know how you get on.
Userlevel 7

Updated on 27/07/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

We’ve changed our process for gaining implied consent (discussing an account on behalf of an account holder) 

To make sure we’re keeping our customers’ data as safe and secure as possible we’ve made some changes to how non-account holders can get in touch.

Historically, if a non-account holder was able to answer enough questions about the account, there were certain things that could be discussed or actions taken under 'Implied consent'. This is no longer the case.

We’re now asking the account holder to be present at the same time as a non-account holder gets in touch, so they can give permission for us to speak to the non-account holder, or add them as a secondary account holder. 

Great question to ask about how to add a second name to your account.

If you’re just looking to add a second contact who can discuss details of the account but not make changes you can do this via webchat (via the Help Centre). We’ll check the details and add these to your account so in future they can call us to discuss things. However as they won’t be financially responsible they can’t make any changes with your permission.

It’s a slightly different process if the person you want to add will be sharing full responsibility for the account and needs to be named on your statements. In this case you’d need to give the team a call when you’re both at home so we can verbally confirm you’re both happy to make this change. You can reach the team on 0330 303 5063. We’re open Monday - Friday 8am-6pm. 

There’s more info on this and other actions you can take on your online account here. Don’t forget to download the OVO app for Android or iOS

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Hi,

Is is possible to have more than one person in the contract?
Userlevel 7
Hi,

Is is possible to have more than one person in the contract?

Thanks for posting @manu

Maybe @CC1 can offer some advice, or have a look at our 'best answer'!

Tim
In my account details I can only enter one name/title as account holder. I would like to include my wife as a joint holder of the account. How do I do this?
Userlevel 5
In my account details I can only enter one name/title as account holder. I would like to include my wife as a joint holder of the account. How do I do this?

Hey imageh,

I’ve moved your topic here as there is more info above. :)

Lucy
I phoned up and added my sister to the account with equal responsibility but I don’t see her name anywhere when I login. Looked under profile.
Userlevel 7
@manu @imageh @tinkerbell you can add someone to the account as a 'second contact', and make them financially liable if you wish. Instead, you can change the name of the main account holder so it includes both names.

To get this done, call us when both of you are present: 0330 303 5063

^Tim
Thanks for the info!
We're still in the transition stage between old supplier and OVO as new supplier right now but does anyone know how I can put the account in two (joint) names for my girlfriend and I? Having both names on our accounts is important to us and comes in handy for proof of address reasons from time to time.
Userlevel 5
Hey @jbarratt,

I've moved your query over to an existing topic on this, check out Tim's best answer at the top for more information.

Eva
Hello, I would like to add another familiy member as a proof of address for them. How would I do this. Thanks. Cornel.
I've just moved your query over here @cornel - check out Tim's 'best answer' at the top.
Hi,

If I add someone to my account, will their name show up on the statement? My lodger needs a utility bill as proof of address.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
See above @SophieJ - it's doable but needs you both on the phone!
hy!!
how many person can we connect too?
i didn't knew we can connect with them too
Userlevel 5
Hey @ryanjenson90 - you can add as many additional contacts as you need.
I want to add someone onto the bill as we share a flat and use our joint bank account to pay. Can someone please put step by step instructions on how to do this. As the link above doesn’t work.
want to add someone onto the bill as we share a flat and use our joint bank account to pay. Can someone please put step by step instructions on how to do this. I know it’s already been answered on previous questions but the answers were so confusing.
Userlevel 6
Hey @Holly.g,

You'll need to make the person you'd like to add on, a financially liable account holder.

How do I add someone to my account so that they can speak to OVO too?
Hi @CC1

Just to summarise: to add a non financially liable person to the account, just call up, email (from the registered address) or pass the needed security checks via a forum PM with the details of the person you want added. To add a financially liable contact, do the same. We'll then need to get permission from the person added to make them financially liable.
Just to add, I've moved this topic to the 'All About OVO' forum, tweaked the title and added some tags, thereby (hopefully) making it easier for other users to spot.
Thanks,Tim

I've made the steps you need to follow bold.

Hope this helps!
whats the email?
Userlevel 6
You'll need to call in, @Holly.g, as mentioned above, the contact will need to be liable to be listed on a statement.

We need verbal consent from both parties. You'll need to ring up giving verbal permission to add a financially liable contact, the new contact will need to accept liability at the same time. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this clears things up ☺️
Okay, it says email so thought you could email them to do it.

Cant see anything about adding a person at https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/statements/can-i-add-someone-to-my-account.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @hjuk - it looks like the website upgrade has moved the page link.

Go to this page