Blog

Haven't downloaded the OVO App yet? Here's why you should...

• 11 May 2021
  • 9 replies
Haven't downloaded the OVO App yet? Here's why you should...
Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Download the OVO app for Android or iOS

3 reasons to download the OVO app today

From checking your bank account to ordering your weekly shop, our phones have become the hub of our weekly tasks. So why should managing your energy account be any different? Download the OVO app (Android or iOS)  today and control your energy on the go, anytime, anywhere…

Send us your meter readings

Make sure your account is up-to-date by popping in your monthly meter readings, or you can even book a smart meter appointment here to avoid having to do this in future!

See your latest energy bills

Check your up-to-date balance and scroll to see how this month compares. With all your previous monthly summaries available to download, you can keep track of your energy costs wherever you are.

Check your Direct Debit

With an in-built Direct Debit calculator, work out the best amount to pay and adjust you direct debit whilst on the move.

Just downloaded? Check out our guides to help find your way around below:

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Well, for me I guess you could say that the best “feature” in the app is that I can bug hunt on the go and smash up MyOVO from just about anywhere! :stuck_out_tongue::rofl::innocent:

Aside from that one, which I guess doesn’t technically count… The fact I can do Biometric Login is pretty cool, since I can login quickly without fiddling with my 2048 character password. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually have a pretty cool idea as well. But in my quest for extra points I don’t think I want to share it here… :)

I can’t log into the app or website or get through on the phone to give a meter reading. Anyone else have the same problem today? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It seems to be working fine for me. Maybe try again?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Abby_OVO You updated the original post in September.  I've got the latest Android ovo energy app, v19. 0, which now has a button to download usage data. Hurrah!

But it doesn't work. It shows a csv file, but doesn't offer to save it, only to open it in another app. If I choose Microsoft Office which is how I view csv and excel files, it says the file is corrupt. If I try to save it to a notepad app, it gives a blank. If I try converting to text, it is corrupt. I've tried on phone and tablet. I've tried saving it using a file manager app, as an image, to OneDrive and to Google drive. Nothing works. 

When it does eventually download, I hope it is going to give electricity and gas usage separately, but I somehow doubt it.  Back to doing copy and paste off the website.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Also, and this is a bit picky, but where is the consistency?  The order in which it shows usage is Day, Week, Month, Year; the opposite way round to the website Usage Monitor, which is Year, Month, Day (no week!).

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It is not a PDF, it’s a CSV. You can save to Google Drive and then open it that way, which works for me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

It is not a PDF, it’s a CSV. You can save to Google Drive and then open it that way, which works for me.

Sorry my arrow was merely to show that this was a pop-up from the button below.  I first tried saving to my phone, then to OneDrive, then to Google Drive. None of them worked. SO I tried to save to Office (and tried ALL of the options starting with extract table (it is a csv), then extract text - which should have worked whatever it was.  Eventually in desperation I tried Edit PDF.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Restarted phone. Tried again to download to OneDrive. Actually did it this time. Calls itself OVO Total Use 07-01-2024. It is a csv and opens in Office.

Technology.  I almost wish for the days of DOS again. Or perhaps paper!

Thanks @Blastoise186 for encouraging trying again.

Userlevel 3

Restarted phone. Tried again to download to OneDrive. Actually did it this time. Calls itself OVO Total Use 07-01-2024. It is a csv and opens in Office.

Technology.  I almost wish for the days of DOS again. Or perhaps paper!

Try Bright app and Glowmarkt. After 24 hours I can downland my electricity usage for every 30 minutes since my meter was installed, November 2022.