Billing and usage on the new online account has become SO confusing - do you agree?

I don’t know what is going on but with every update to the way bills are displayed on the web portal I get more and more confused about what I am actually paying. It used to show a pay period for the month but now it seems to break everything up into smaller date ranges and just generally feels overly complicated.

Anyone else having issues with this? I used to love how simple everything was but now I can’t even work out very easily what I am paying.

16 replies

Your right !!!

It used to be pretty easy to see what you were being charged for, not they are removing the basic information that the bills are based around such as the daytime/night time counters which are provided by the electricity meter in your house.

The seem to be good at making things look pretty with out the required substance which is all us bill payers want to see.

Less Bravo Sierra and more useful information as to how a bill is calculated unless hiding the data helps mask stuff !!!

I would recommend everyone to check their bills in detail if they are with OVO and have a smart meter !!!

Userlevel 7

Thanks for sharing this feedback on the new online account, @ollyelec @BristolMatt - It’s a change that is for sure!

I’m really keen to use this community as a space for users to share their feedback on this change. It’s public, and visible and can be shared with colleagues. But we’d want some juicy specifics on what you don’t like about the daily usage, what info is missing that you would want to see and why. Let’s make this the discussion topic on the daily usage/charges and see if we can get a consensus!

In the meantime, here’s a series of tutorials on the new online account. These two topics are probably worth checking out:

How to view your usage in your new online account

How to access your historical statements on the new online account

:robot:

Userlevel 2

Thanks for sharing this feedback on the new online account, @ollyelec @BristolMatt - It’s a change that is for sure!

I’m really keen to use this community as a space for users to share their feedback on this change. It’s public, and visible and can be shared with colleagues. But we’d want some juicy specifics on what you don’t like about the daily usage, what info is missing that you would want to see and why. Let’s make this the discussion topic on the daily usage/charges and see if we can get a consensus!

In the meantime, here’s a series of tutorials on the new online account. These two topics are probably worth checking out:

How to view your usage in your new online account

How to access your historical statements on the new online account

:robot:

Hi Tim - I was moved onto the new online account on 28th May. I still cannot access any of my bills from before February 2020 despite being with you since 2014. I have contacted you via Twitter and was told it would be fixed within the week, then 2 weeks, then by the end of June and then “next” month. I have followed “how to access your historical statements” but they are still not there. Eventually I was told that there is a problem.

It’s still not fixed. When is it actually going to be fixed?

Userlevel 6

Sorry to hear this is an ongoing issue. @Jem16, I’m afraid I can't advise of an exact timescale for the issue to be resolved due to technical cases having different levels of complexity. Rest assured we will work to get it resolved as soon as possible.

:slight_smile:

I complained in the early part of this year about the new billing platform being about as useful as a chocolate teapot and was put back on old billing platform (in that I don’t see the rolling total of payment and I get monthly statements), but the whole process seems to be suffering from serious problems as the usage figures are not available on app or website for both gas and electricity - meter readings are there but no usage information. Although I have been a customer for some years, I have serious doubts about whether I will renew when current contract expires. Rather suspect OVO has expanded too much and hasn’t built the necessary infrastructure for users.

Userlevel 5

It’s not good to hear you’re thinking of leaving us, @lizit, but I can appreciate that the online account is important to you.

Eventually, the older system that you’re on will become obsolete, meaning you’ll be transferred back over to the new one, but by that time, I’d like to think we’ll have it perfect, and it’ll be a system you can get along with.

There are still a few issues to iron out on the new system, but we’re working as hard as we can to get it up to scratch, with all the previous features and more.

Thanks,

Ed

I downloaded my bill for June 2020 (in June) and although it has electricty standing charge and units, it only has standing charge for GAS.

I am convinced that your new billing algorith probably cannot understand therms.

I called you customer care people. On the first occasion the lady I spoke to said ecause I was a pensioner I qulaified for printed bills - and warm home allowance.

Naturally I’ve heard nothing more since.

I then had an email from “OVO COLLECTIONS” - impliczation ebing that its time to send the boys round I guess (after 3 weeks!)

I called customer care again. The young man I got on that occasion jsut stonewalled. He saw no reason why a cuystomer should have the correct bill in order to pay it.
I’ve jst swent the July readings in - and note that the website thinks I hae used industrial qualtitires of gas - despite it being summer, and despite no mention of gas units on my last bill.
What is going on? 

Userlevel 3

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, @Brixton Dave 

I’ve moved your query over to this existing topic to help you find some sort of resolution with your problem.

Check out @Tim_OVO’s comment above for some great links to tutorials of our new online customer service experience. This may help you see how you can view your historical statements and advise on how you can give up to date meter readings to keep your statements as accurate as possible.

Unfortunately, without being able to see your specific account details, it’s hard for me to provide an actual answer for some of the issues you’re having. For this, I’d advise it's best to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter or the OVO Help centre, which now has a chat function.

Hope this helps,

I agree, checking account is too confusing. I am switching from Ovo even if they charge me £60 for leaving as I’ve had nothing but trouble with them and my monthly payments have gone up by more than £20 and my credit amount mysteriously reduced since the website update. I’ve had enough of them 

Userlevel 7

I agree, checking account is too confusing.

This is valuable feedback, @Badbod - would love to know a bit more, before I pass it on… What aspect don’t you like? Daily usage? Direct Debit estimates?

I’ve had nothing but trouble with them and my monthly payments have gone up by more than £20 and my credit amount mysteriously reduced since the website update. I’ve had enough of them 

I’m not sure about this one. You will have access to historical statements on the online account. You then have daily costs info and monthly summaries. There should be no mystery about charges….. 

Userlevel 2

OK I’ve been asked to provide feedback on the new billing experience.

First of all, despite several reassurances, my online account will still not let me access historical bills prior to February 2020. So basically 6 months later you still haven’t fixed the problem that you told me existed. Fortunately when I phoned a very helpful Customer Rep emailed me all my previous bills. I was also told that a formal complaint would be made but I’ve heard nothing at all about that - that was in August.

As to the billing, I can’t see any need for daily amounts as all it covers is the Standing Charge as I don’t have a smart meter and don’t want one just now either.

I do get a monthly statement ( used to be called a bill ) which is clear enough for the actual energy used but I am now totally lost with my Interest payments. It used to be simple - every monthly bill included an interest payment. Now on that monthly statement, I sometimes get one interest payment, sometimes none and sometimes two. It’s got to the stage that I cannot quite see if I have all the interest that I should have.

Sorry but it’s a bit of a mess I’m afraid.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thanks for the feedback @Jem16 .

It sound like this is feedback for the other thread, so I’ll ask @Tim_OVO to move this over for you. If there’s any further comments you’d like to make, feel free to post them over there too.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the feedback @Jem16 .

It sound like this is feedback for the other thread, so I’ll ask @Tim_OVO to move this over for you. If there’s any further comments you’d like to make, feel free to post them over there too.

This was the topic that Tim asked me to post into.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the feedback @Jem16 .

It sound like this is feedback for the other thread, so I’ll ask @Tim_OVO to move this over for you. If there’s any further comments you’d like to make, feel free to post them over there too.

Just to add that I don’t appear to be on the new billing trial as I just see a tab for Billing and not Billing History.

Also it appears that my issue with bills prior to February 2020 has now been rectified and I can see them all so thanks for that.

So my main issue is just the Interest Reward being totally confusing.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thanks for the info @Jem16 .

While I am on the trial myself, my account isn’t yet old enough to have gotten through the first billing cycle and trigger any interest. However, I will definitely keep an eye out for it once that gets onto my account.

If it does look messy for me as well, I will definitely include that in my own feedback and mention your struggles too.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for that feedback on the other topic, @Jem16 

Please see this topic which outlines how the interest reward is calculated and shown on the online account: