Solved

Why can't I login into my online account, app or send reset password email?

Having major issues: I registered on the forums fine yet when I enter my customer ID and click on First Time Logging In or Reset Password, nothing is being sent to the email address I registered with..... I know that the Email is correct because OVO send me account updates to it...

icon

Best answer by Mw2870 22 October 2018, 21:42

View original

109 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi Lewis,

It is normally instant for the password reset link to appear in your inbox. Please do check your junk folder. If the email still hasn't appeared I would advise to try and reset your password with your ID (This ID should be linked to your email address). Give that a go and if doesn't work, we can try other methods.

Thanks
Matt

Hi Matt,

How do you reset your password using your Ovo ID? Both ways (clicking reset password/first time logging in) takes you to a page that only lets you enter a valid email address?

Thanks,
Lewis
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hey Lewis,

My bad sorry. My brain went a bit mushy and I thought it said "reset password with ID"

Ok, I would say check your junk/spam folder to see if the email has filtered into that.

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt,

It's definitely not in my junk folder nor have I accidentally deleted the email so not really sure where it's gone

Thanks,

Lewis
Userlevel 5
Hi @LewisT5151 - just checking in too see if you managed to get this resolved? Did you give the team a ring?
Hi Nancy,

I did not, I will give the team a ring today

Many thanks,

Lewis
It is quite difficult to say that why you never get password reset mail for your My OVO account. You should check your email ID which you enter to get the password reset mail is correct or not.
Userlevel 5

Updated on 04/07/23 by Tim_OVO: Got issues registering or resetting a password for your OVO app or online account? We’ve made a recent change that might help:

OVO customers should ideally complete these steps in the web portal (online account) first. Once complete, these details will be copied over and available for use in the OVO App.

• Select the option at the bottom of the reset email "open this email in your browser"

This should then allow you to follow the steps as prompted and login into your account.

Please note: This has been extensively tested and in the vast majority of cases will resolve the issue. However, there are still some issues with users of any Microsoft email domains such as Hotmail, Live, Outlook, Microsoft. We are working on the resolution for these customers and will update once a fix is made available.

There may still be issues for other customers with different email domains but these could be related to something else. Let us know in the comments below if you still have an issue resetting your password. Alternatively our Support team may be able to advise with this. 

I’m trying to login for the first time but when I hit the button to log in for the first time, it just takes me to a password reset page. I’ve tried filling it out with my e-mail but I don’t get sent a link.

This is pretty poor from a company that have now asked me twice for meter readings!

Any advice?
I have to sign up to ovo energy as I received a letter however when I try and sign up and put my email address I don’t get sent a password through email ? What am I supposed to do
I have tried to reset my password and I'm not receiving emails back. I have uses both my Ovo ID and the email address you send my emails to I haven't entered either incorrectly and need access to my online account what do I do? Thsnks
there is a hyperlink under the bit that asks for email and password, but at the moment it takes you to password reset page, so you cant register, this is the issue i am having too
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi @Chuck1963

Have you checked your spam/junk folder in your emails. I believe the address used is slightly different so your mailbox may think it's spam. Please do check and let us know how you get on
Yes I've looked in spam and junk and not there I need to be able to get into my account any suggestions other than waiting on the phone for 40 to 50 minutes in a queue?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge
Could be a problem with OVO emailing system. Might be best to call them
Userlevel 7
I’m trying to login for the first time but when I hit the button to log in for the first time, it just takes me to a password reset page. I’ve tried filling it out with my e-mail but I don’t get sent a link.

Sounds like a similar situation as the one described above @TheJillymeister - how did you get this sorted in the end @wizwych ?
I never got it fixed i phoned OVO up 5 times and they assured me that the situation was being dealt with and i still cant login cos i dont have a password to login with and nothing from OVO is being sent to my email other than bill reminders and forum posts
Hi,

I signed up with Ovo earlier today and was asked to set a password etc for my portal account, and after completing the sign-up and getting all of my introductory emails I accessed the portal as normal.

About an hour ago I tried to access it again but it has logged me out, and when I tried signing in it said wrong username or password. I tried entering my password I'm sure that I used a few times, and some other passwords for good measure and was getting the instant error message of wrong email or password still. I tried the reset my password option, yet I'm not getting any emails from this what-so-ever, as well as when I select the "first time logging in" option which just directs me to the exact same password reset page anyway. I have tried this ten times and still have nothing in my inbox.

YES - I have checked my spam folder. And I know that the email is correct because I was getting Ovo emails fine earlier, and have done when creating this account just now.

It looks like other users on here have reported this issue - some going back two years - and one in particular saying that months have passed by and Ovo support who they have called over five times, who are just saying it is "being looked in to" yet they still cannot log-in, but if this cannot be resolved for me promptly and if I'm getting the same experience as this other customer I'll be going elsewhere.
Userlevel 5
Hi @wizwych - just to be on the safe side, have you checked any spam or junk mailboxes for the password reset email?
Hi @wizwych - just to be on the safe side, have you checked any spam or junk mailboxes for the password reset email?

I have tried 3 more times since my last post, this is absolute stupidity now no mail sent to spam or even inbox.. ONLY from the forum OR when ovo demand money from me.

As you can see from the images the first shows That i am getting emails from the forum and i am also getting emails for when my bills are due BUT i cant login to my account cos it wont let me create a password which i have tried to do on images 2 and 3 NO email is being sent to my email addy even as spam..
Back in December I received an email saying I've been moved to a new ovo online account - but until now I had mostly ignored it. However I've just tried to log in to the my ovo portal and it won't let me on.

The email says I need to reset my password before I can use the new online account, but I've now tried to do that half a dozen times or so and I never get an email (I'm sure I typed my address correctly and have looked through my spam folder several times).

I've been an Ovo customer for a few years and, for some reason, have never been able to log in with my email address, but my ovoid used to work fine (this is despite being fairly sure they have the correct details - I get regular update emails and have previously requested password resets to that address which have worked fine.)

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can log in to my ovo?

Thanks.
Never mind - it seems I was just being impatient. The password reset emails all came through a few hours after I had requested them. All good now
Userlevel 5

Hi @ryan6292

Have you tried using your OVO account ID rather than your email address to log in? You can find this on any communications from us.

Also, when you say you signed up with us a few days ago, do you mean you moved into a property that OVO supplies and set up an account, or you started a switch from another supplier to OVO?

More info about login issues here.

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Hey @wizwych - I'm sorry to hear that. If this is the case there may be a technical issue at the root of this. I'd advise calling the team on 0330 303 5063 to investigate further.