Pinned Solved

Why am I getting an error message when trying to submit readings on the new online account?

• 16 January 2018
  • 10 replies

Trying to give meter readings this afternoon and all I'm getting is internal error come back later.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 1 July 2020, 12:22

Posted on the 01/07/20: 

Hi @BarbJean 

We are aware of an issue with the new online account, where some members were unable to submit meter readings, including opening meter readings. There’s another topic on this here

As of 09:00 on the 1st July, the meter readings page now shows the correct information to all members and is functioning correctly. 

For you Barb, you have a 5 day window to submit your meter reading, so please submit this again here!

View original

10 replies

I'm having the same problem
Sounds like they've got the gremlins in
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Really sorry about this guys. We’re working hard to fix this - please try again in a few hours!

Lucy
OK thank you.
Hi error message when submitting meter readings. keeps saying taking too long to submit !! please help
is this a crafty way to prevent customers not receiving self service rewards ?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Every now and then our online account likes to play up, @redhead, as per the above thread. If you haven't yet managed to enter the reads please pop the to our team on Facebook, this will have no impact on your Self Service Reward.

Hope this helps!

Hi

I am trying to enter my opening meter readings online but keep getting an error message saying it's taking too long to submit.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Posted on the 01/07/20: 

Hi @BarbJean 

We are aware of an issue with the new online account, where some members were unable to submit meter readings, including opening meter readings. There’s another topic on this here

As of 09:00 on the 1st July, the meter readings page now shows the correct information to all members and is functioning correctly. 

For you Barb, you have a 5 day window to submit your meter reading, so please submit this again here!

Hiya, 

Last June I had an erroneous transfer of my gas supply away from OVO. It was finally sorted by December and I had been giving readings normally for gas and electricity until the new website launched. 

now have a notification saying that I've switched my gas supplier on 3rd June 2019 and I don't have the option to give gas readings anymore.

Thankfully my payments and plan still include both gas and electricity but I'd like to get it fixed and be able to give my real readings. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

I’ve popped your post here, @nqs, I think the above is effecting your account, if I am off the mark please reach out to the team. You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Thanks!